BOB or Phil and Ted??

iVillage Member
BOB or Phil and Ted??
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 12:59pm

Has anyone tried both of these? I cant decide which one we want! I havent had a chance to "test drive" the P&T but I love all of its features. And the BOB is awesome!

Im just looking at long term use. I figure if I bought the BOB, when we have another baby, I'll have to invest another $600 in the duallie. If I got the P&T, I could just spend $90 for the attachment to make it a double.

Here's what I am looking for:
easy to maneuver
easy to fold up
light weight
comfortable for baby
seat reclines back for when baby is sleeping
decent sun shade
all-terrain (although we wont be hiking over rocks, I would like something that wont have a problem going over dirt and rough ground)
decent storage basket (I know I wont find one as big as our travel system, but I def need some kind of storage underneath)

Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of both? Is the seat attachment on the P&T comfy for the baby?

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 1:28pm

i've been searching for that too. trying to figure something that will work with a car seat snapped in and then grow into two toddlers ;P

here's a convo from my ec board that might help!
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-prnov10n&msg=750.1&ctx=0

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

pregnancy due date

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 1:39pm
I walked around the store with at P&T before JJ was born and LOVED it!!! I had been worried that I would be bumping the baby attachment with my legs, but it really wasn't a problem. We ended up not getting it, tho, cuz I only wanted it for hiking, not jogging, and we found it easy to put ODS in the single jogger (old-school one we got cheap on CL) and put JJ in the Beco baby-carrier. HTH & GL!

Liz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Liz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 3:58pm
We have the Bob, and although I haven't tried the Phil and Ted, I REALLY like the Bob. It is super light weight and extremely easy to push - it's great for walking over bumps and rough terrain. It's easy to fold up, but it does not snap when it's folded up and it's pretty big when it's folded. That's really the only con I can think of - the sun shade/visor is AWESOME - if you pull it all the way it completely covers their face and arms no matter where the sun is. And you can lay the seat back if they're tired. Reece seems pretty comfy whenever he's in it, the back is a little softer than some of the other ones so he's not sitting quite as straight up as he does in our Maclaren, but he still seems comfy and doesn't complain at all! Let us know what you choose!
Photobucket
Thanks to pamelat0318 for my beautiful signature!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks to Tany
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 2:42pm

so I *think* we have decided to go with the Phil and Ted Dash. I am sooo torn and I seriously never thought I would have such a hard time deciding on a darn stroller!

The main reason I like the Phil and Ted is because rather than having to buy the duallie and spend another $600 when we have another baby, we will just be able to add the attachment to the P&T. Also, the selling point for me was that I just really do NOT like the idea of a side by side stroller (duallie) I tried it out and I hated it. The BOB is only a pound less weight-wise but it seems like it's quite a bit easier to maneuver (only down side of the Phil and Ted). I also like that the P&T reclines 100%

At the store we're purchasing it from, we are getting the Dash (normally $550) at 10% off, plus the tandem attachment for free, PLUS an additional 10% back (in gift card form). So we will actually end up saving about $200! And without having to buy a second stroller with our second baby, we will be saving a lot more than that in the long run.

I am going to buy it this afternoon so if anyone has any last minute feedback, please let me know!

Photobucket
Photobucket