To - Do's and Ta - Da's Nov 29

iVillage Member
To - Do's and Ta - Da's Nov 29
Mon, 11-29-2010 - 8:53am
Last week was a nightmare of things to do. I had a big fundraiser for our preschool and my entire week was dedicated to it, but it went off without a hitch and I am soo glad it is off my to-do list!!

This week is very exciting for us - we are going to a hotel for three days for our annual dairy conference. We don't get to go on family vacations because of the farm, (though we did go camping for three days this past summer, that was a first!) so once a year we get relief milkers and take the kids to our conference in the city. DH spends quite a bit of time in meetings, but the kids and I get three days without chores, housework, or snow, and we get to spend most of the time at the watersides :) There is also a formal awards banquet on Thursday night with free daycare, which is a fun date night for DH and I.

As a result, today and tomorrow are dedicated to laundry and packing for five people to be gone for three days.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-29-2010 - 4:50pm

That sounds really nice Lisa! have a great mini vacation!! ...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2010 - 8:50am

This week is a scatter brain week of just trying to tackle the "Holiday House" to do list. But in addition I have to:

Finish painting the boys room

Grocery shopping

Pay bills

Nieces and Nephews basketball games (saturday maybe)

today is gymnastics

Start working on Christmas presents.

Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2010 - 11:01am

Chanukah starts tonight, so the next week has a lot of extras:

1. Finish wrapping kids' gifts, get the nephew/niece gifts to my in-laws who will be traveling to where they live before us and bringing them

2. Get the last of our cards out

3. Holiday events: a) kids' party in our building's common room today b) kids' Chanukah party at our neighborhood Barnes & Noble on Thursday c) kids' party Sunday afternoon at synagogue

4. Clear away fire hazards and set up/light menorah each night

5. Latke-making night with a family friend who does it with us every year

And also:

6. Deal with the broken shower door

7. Continue working on our annual charity donation decisions and send the $ out

8. Budget/allocate end-of-year tips for nanny, building staff, kids' teachers/therapists

9. Get over my @#$! cold

10. Try to schedule photo studio for the kiddos

11. See if pediatrician has appointment schedule up yet for period where ODS needs his annual checkup--make appointment

Wish me luck!

Gwen

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/gwennyc/b6yfcl.png<A href="http://s218.photobucket