to go out or not to go out

iVillage Member
to go out or not to go out
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 8:15pm

I dont know why but I'm totally stressing myself out over this. My inlaws are going to a family function tonight and they want me to go.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 8:42pm
I would go! Like you said you would get a bit of a break b/c everyone will enjoy seeing the LO so much. Also, I'm sure it will be good for you to get out of the house. If you decide to go I hope you have a great time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 9:54pm
i'd totally go!! breaks are sooooo well deserved!

Lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 10:17pm

My vote is probably late for this but I'd go. He may surprise you & the activity might help him fall asleep (at least we can hope it will).

Either way I'd go & relax if I were you!!

So content!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 4:29am

Thanks for the responses! Its funny you said that about him falling asleep. My BIGGEST fear was that he'd be sooo overstimulated he'd just scream the whole time.

When we got there, I thought I had walked into my biggest nightmare. There were WAY more people than I thought there was going to be and most of them were drinking. It was loud and the music was loud. The second we got there, he started crying. It was a LONG drive so I figured he was hungry. Took him upstairs to a quiet room and fed him. Had to spend the first hour in there because he screamed the whole time. Then magically... he just fell asleep.

I needed fresh air so I went down into the living room where there werent many people (but the music was loud) and shockingly, he stayed asleep. he slept the WHOLE time! I didnt really get a break since I was holding him the whole time but it was better than I thought it would be

Not sure i'd take him out that late again just because *I* am exhausted... but... it was kinda nice to get out

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 7:19am
Yay..I'm glad it wasnt too tough on you.It is nice to get out but I understand the worry of having the baby screaming the whole time.
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 11:20am
Glad that it went well.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 4:51pm
Glad to hear you went out! I've been getting more adventurous with where I take Cole and it's helping me occupy my days alone during my leave. I think it's also help improve my mood. The more places I go the braver I get -- kind of helping me transitioning back to being a normal human being again!

Lilypie

June09 Boy Blinkie

DS gets BM from bottle

proud ep'er circle graphic
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 7:24pm

i'm the same way. I was really scared to take him out at first. I still get stressed if he gets fussy and we're out but i'm getting better about it. So far... it has worked out perfectly almost every time we go out. He's hungry RIGHT before we leave so I get him nice and full and he looooves car rides so 90% of the time he falls asleep on the way there and stays asleep the whole time we're out.

I was starting to get cabin fever being inside so long! Now I get excited when I know I have errands to run. Babies r us is a favorite of ours! haha ;) I think i feel less stressed knowing they have a mother's room and I wouldnt have to scramble to find a place to feed/change him if need be. The AC on my car is broken right now and its been SO hot so I'm terrified of him getting hungry and having to go sit in the car to feed him!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Photobucket
Photobucket