hates the car?

iVillage Member
hates the car?
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 1:19pm

ok, it's getting crazy! if we are in the car for more than a minute she just screams and hollers! it's not painful screaming, but that mad-sounds more like a cat yelling.

we went to the library this afternoon. it is a 3 minute drive there. I'd walk, but there is a very busy road to cross. anyway, we drove there, i ran in with her, grabbed my books ( looked it up online o i could just grab them and run) and we drove home. the round trip took 13 minutes. she screamed and yelled and threw a fit the whole time. she just woke up and had a bottle before we went. so she wasn't tired or hungry.

anyone havign this problem? or know what to do?! i am dreading our trip to Ohio. that is 8 hours. even if she sleeps most of it, that will be a lot of hours in hte car with that much unhappiness

Powered by CGISpy.com

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

pregnancy due date

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 1:47pm

I don't have any advice because we are dealing with the same issues... only he screams when we put him in the stroller or in the high chair too. *Most* of the time he's okay in the carseat.

I know it's because he doesn't like to be confined, but come on! This is getting ridiculous. If we even start to walk TOWARD the high chair or the stroller, he starts crossing his legs and screaming. And if he suddenly decides while we're driving that he doesn't feel like being in the carseat anymore, then he starts screaming like his world is ending. Im interested to hear what other people have to say! Because it has been a real pain.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 12:03pm
I seriously could have written this post.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 9:38pm

Sorry you are dealing with this!!! I'm going to give you some suggestions for your trip. After our road trip, I *almost* feel like an expert.

Leave extra early, so she will sleep longer. I know you have a early waker, but leave as early as you can.

I suggest a DVD player, to play baby einstine. we did dinosaur train. Carolynn loves that show so it helped a lot.

Get books that read to them, it seemed to help. May sure you have toys within your reach so you can hand them back to her if need be.

Snacks snacks and more snacks. A variety too, helps. I mixed cheerios and yougart melts. Then in another cup I had puffs and crunchies. Get the non-spill snack cups from toys r us. (they still can spill them though, it just take more effort) Oh and have sippy cups of water/juice ready or whatever else she drinks.

Stop every 2 hours, let her play for 30 or so minutes. If you are like us and have the dog to walk, and use the potty yourself it is normally a 30 minutes break. We did a break for 1 1/2 hours at one point.

Photobucket