having mirena placed 2moro...question

iVillage Member
having mirena placed 2moro...question
Wed, 07-29-2009 - 1:26pm
So I'm supposed to have the mirena iud placed tomorrow but the midwife said that it may hurt more b/c i was c/s so I didn't dilate and stuff. I was wondering if any of the c/s mamas have had it and if so how much it hurt. Should I take a percoset? I'm a little worried!
 Lexi D Photobucket &
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-29-2009 - 2:45pm
I was a scheduled section and had it placed 2 weeks ago. It pinched for a moment(while dilating the cervix), and then felt a little pressure but it was not bad, over in just a few minutes. I had bleeding/spotting for a day after, then nothing for several days. Then started heavy bleeding/cramping about a week after and it has yet to stop! It will slow down then start back up again. This is like the neverending period. But my doc said that is normal, it can take 3-6 months to regulate. Good luck, I didn't take any meds before, but did need a little naproxen after.
Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-29-2009 - 3:53pm
oooo...i'm glad you posted this, i didn't think it would hurt at all, so i'm glad to have a heads up. i get mine put in on the 17th.

Enoch Siggy;

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-29-2009 - 4:58pm

I get the Mirena placed tomarrow too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-29-2009 - 5:01pm
I had to wait to have mine placed while I was having my period. I thought that was weird.
I didn't have a C section, but I will say that it didn't hurt a bit. Hope it goes smoothly for you

Photobucket>CafeMom Tickers

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket