I need your opinion - Non JJ

iVillage Member
I need your opinion - Non JJ
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 9:21pm

I am really struggling with Avon but I really want it to work. It would be a huge help if I could make a little money. I am struggling finding new customers and I can't keep relying on my family and friends to buy stuff. I was considering doing a Mani/Pedi party and hoping to book a few parties which would broaden my customer list. I am not the type of person who can stand up in front of others and talk. I lack those skills. lol. I think I could do the mani/pedi party tho. I am really afraid of investing the money to do the parties only for it not to work and no one show up like my open house. So my question for you is would you go to a mani/pedi party? WOuld you guys have other suggestions? I have handed out catalogs but they cost me money as well only for them to be thrown away. At least this way I would have a better chance of expanding.

Thanks guys I appreciate your suggestions.

Photobucketcenter>HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 10:52pm

How about printing off some business cards and placing them around like on grocery store or restaurant bulletin boards.

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 8:40am

I have been putting up my card and handing it out. I don't have to do parties but it would be the easiest way to reach a new customer base. I don't plan on doing them forever just to get my start.

We also wouldn't be using the "tools" Although Avon sells them it would be to much of a liability for me. Instead we would do the foot soak, lotions, nail polish and I would have embry boards. For hands we would do the wax thing, lotions, cuticle cream and nail polish. If the person wanted to purchase the other items to be able to do home mani/pedis they could. This is mostly to show how to do mani/pedi at home and how buy the products could save them over going to a salon/spa. Of course it is my understanding that some people enjoying having others touch their feet. lol. I am not one of those people.

Photobucketcenter>HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><