I'm in Shock

iVillage Member
I'm in Shock
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 4:57pm
I had to take Cole to Urgent Care today. I knew he was okay but his ped was concerned with his stomach pain. I went ahead and took him to be seen and while I was there a woman with her daughter (maybe 4) were there. The waiting area isn't big so I was able to see and hear everything. The mom (and I use the term loosely) was actually cussing at the little girl. She said to her " It's your D--- fault we are here so sit down and shut up" then she got mad at the girl because she wanted a book read to her and the mom told her she didn't need to be talking if she was so sick she had to see a Dr. I was in shock. Do women really think it is okay to talk to their children that way? More times than I can count I have witnessed moms talking that way and cussing at their kids. It makes me sad.
Photobucketcenter>HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 5:35pm

i just read an article in which a mommy-blogger was shocked about the same thing! i can't say that i haven't shouted a mean or inappropriate thing at bella or kate in my own home, but i would never ever cuss them out in public.

wait, LOL! that sounds like i would do it in private... that's not what i mean. i guess what i am getting at is that in anger, i have been known to shout at bella especially. but not with cussing. does that make sense? reading about behaviour like this makes my stomach turn.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 5:45pm
ugh! that is so yuck!!
a friend of my ex used to call his 3 year old a little b**ch all the time. I hated the slimeball to begin with, but that topped it off. eww

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 6:21pm
well i think we have all done that a time or two or will at some point in our lives but to cuss a child in public. Sometimes I think words would hurt so much worse than a slap. If I didn't have Cole with me I would have said something to her but I didn't want to put Cole in danger. She obviously had no morals if she could treat her own child that way.
Photobucketcenter>HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 7:28pm

It's disgusting. I see many, many mother's behaving in ways that make me cringe.

How is Cole doing? I'm sorry to hear he's having so much stomach pain. Did they figure anything out?

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 9:35pm
WOW!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 8:42am
I just had to jump in here.
Photobucket