JJ Showcase 1/23 Kate - Charlie

iVillage Member
JJ Showcase 1/23 Kate - Charlie
Sun, 01-23-2011 - 7:19pm

Mom

1. Do you work outside the home? If so what do you do?

2. Is JJ your only child? If not names and ages?

3. Do you

Photobucketcenter><

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 6:29pm
Mom

1. Do you work outside the home? If so what do you do? Yes. I'm a primary school teacher. I teach Junior Infants this year which is about a Kindergarten equivalent I think. They're 4 and 5 years old.

2. Is JJ your only child? If not names and ages? Yes, for now :P

3. Do you have any hobbies? I love reading and am addicted to the internet. I used to be very involved with our local musical society who just performed "the Hot Mikado" and I was very jealous. Because of Andy's hours, Ive no one to watch Charlie in the evenings so it's out for the forseeable future.

4. Where do you live? Tullamore, Offaly, Ireland-famous for Tullamore Dew whiskey and our disgrace of a Taoiseach Brian Cowen

5. What is your favorite thing to do with JJ or other kids? I love playing with him. He loves jigsaws at the moment and I have to act as a personal cheerleader every time he gets a piece slotted in.

6. What is your favorite food or place to eat? Very difficult question, I love food. I really enjoy eating out with good friends and a nice bottle of red wine. I like a variety of food but I do love Spanish or Italian.

7. What was something you are proud to have accomplished in the last year? Ummm, toughie queston. Does getting engaged count as an accomplishment? :P I think just watching Charlie turn into such a happy and quite independent little boy makes me proud. Motherhood has been the steepest learning curve ever.

8. What has JJ taught you about being a mom? He's taught me that everything I thought I knew, I didnt. Having an emergency section and getting so wrapped up in my struggle to breast feed really affected me for the first few months. I stressed over what I now see were daft things and Ive learned to go with the flow a lot more. Ive learned that no matter what my little family is my number one priority and that my friends without children dont always understand that.

JJ

1. What is your favorite food? I like to fight with Mummy and Daddy about food. I eat lots of things in daycare but my favourite food at home is toast and yogurts. I love to steal toast of Daddy's plate in the morning. I think its hilarious!

2. What is your favorite toy? I always go to sleep with Bear but he stays in my cot when I'm not there. I love playing with cars and jigsaws at the moment when Mummy stops me playing with her kitchen utensils. They're the best fun ever!

3. a favorite cartoon or book? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is brilliant!!! And I like to read any "Thats not my...." book.

4. What do you like to do with mommy? I love driving in the car with Mummy and its great when she stops off in the supermarket with me. I like kicking off my left shoe the whole way around the store. I smile and wave at people until they smile back at me. Then I pretend to be shy. Mummy finds it funny.

5. What is your favorite part of the day? I love bathtime. I sometimes get very upset when Mummy or Daddy take me out too early.

6. Do you go to school or a playgroup? I got to a place called Grovelands 4 days a week, 5 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday and 4 hours on Thursday and Friday. I have lots of little friends and I'm enjoying the Toddler room now. I like to say hi to the lovely girls in the Baby room when I go home though. Mummy says they were amazing with me.

7. What do you like to do with siblings or pets? I love to hug Rafa really tightly but Mummy tells me to be gentle. I get a bit frightened when he barks at the postman/doorbell/cat/shadow/butterfly breaking wind outside the window. When I get excited I like to chase him too.

8. Do you have any new words? Mee moww (Mickey Mouse), Day eee(Daisy) and Mee neee(Minnie) Mummy says I'm watching too much TV.

9. How many teeth do you have? 16

10. What is your newest "trick"? I love asking what things are. I point to them and ask "Daaah?"
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 7:58pm
Wow Charlie. You sound like a bunch of fun. What kind of dog do you have? What is Ireland like?
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2011 - 10:07am

Charlie,

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2011 - 3:37pm
We have a Maltese dog. He's very scruffy at the moment and Daddy says he's like a rat at the moment as his nails are too long and he scurries on the wooden floors. Ireland is lovely. Mummy says that you can almost fit 4 Irelands into Texas. She speaks to me sometimes in Irish but most of the time in English. We dont usually have extreme weather but this winter was very cold. There are lots of beautiful castles and monastic ruins around the country and we're planning on lots of day trips this summer.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2011 - 3:42pm
Lol Sahra, I thought so. Its kind of hard to define the wedding's size. It's small enough in terms of an Irish wedding, about 130-150 people. Andy's family and our friends are coming from England and Ive a very large family so we cant wait. Charlie will be page boy if he performs on the day. I'm enjoying the planning but stressing over paying, LOL.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 10:41am

mmmmmmmmm Tullamore Dew:) there was a time in my life I drank a bit more than my share a few times a week. ahh, to be young and childless :)

visiting Ireland is on my "bucket list" it was all my grandma wanted, but she never got to go. so sad.

I can't believe your wedding is coming up so soon! How exciting :)!!!!!!!150 is a decent size wedding. should be so much fun! are you using any of those fabulous castles as a backdrop for photos?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 6:11pm
We can have our photos taken in the grounds of this castle. http://charlevillecastle.ie/
Its just 5 mins away from the hotel. I cant believe how close its getting.

"School" is great fun! I play with sand, in the kitchen and make believe corner. I love the jigsaws and we colour, paint and cook. My "teachers" read to us and show us flashcards. Mummy says its great I go there as I eat everything there. She says if I didnt go there I would starve as I think its funny to refuse the food she cooks. I even sleep in a big boy bed there although Mummy hasnt tried me with it at home.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 7:20pm
Charlie myboys are the same. They will eat everyone elses food but not mine. Must be a little boy thing. I bet your mom makes really good food though so you should try it.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-27-2011 - 9:53am
I visited Ireland when I was 16 and it was breathtaking! I have to google where you live but I visited Castlebar in county Mayo...I am pretty clueless about your country though (I travelled with Germans, so they were also tourists ;) is it Gaelic that is the native language? If so, is it the same Gaelic they speak in Scotland? Do you speak a second language fluently?

Is Charlie going to be a ringbearer for your wedding? (or is this maybe not part of your tradition?)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-27-2011 - 11:40am
It would be similar to Scottish Gaelic. I wouldnt be 100% fluent but I have to teach it :P Its a compulsory subject in schools here. Its only spoken full time in the Gaeltacht areas of the country which are mainly on the west coast. There are Gaelscoileanna (Irish schools) where it is the language of delivery for all subjects.

Charlie will hopefully be the pageboy/ringbearer for the wedding although if he makes a fuss on the day I'm not too concerned. He'll be just turned 2 so who knows how cooperative he will be.

Pages