my christmas present

iVillage Member
my christmas present
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 9:31am

i know it has been over a week since Christmas but i wanted to let you all know that my boyfriend proposed to me!

it was pretty sweet because he was trying to be normal but you could tell he was hiding something.

we havent set a date yet but i think he and i are just happy to be moving forward. he is very understanding of my DID and can tell when i switch or get overwhelmed. he is the only man i have ever trusted, but he is not perfect by any means;)

did anyone else have mixed feelings about changing there last name? i dont really like my last name that much because it is always spelled and said wrong but it is kind of my last connection to my dad. he is not dead that i know of but he was deported when i was 14.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 10:09am
CONGRATS!!!! So happy for you!! I can't wait to hear about the details.

As far as the last night, I don't have a clue. My initials went from being VB to VD. In my old profession we used our initials to mark out work, well its not fun being call VD, especially by management.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 10:15am

yay!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! that's such happy news:)

do what makes you happy with the last name:) no one will ever really use your middle name, so that could be a great opyion

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 11:08am
Congratulations Sahra!! How exciting! I'm torn about the last name thing too. His family expect it and my mother cant understand why I would change it (she didnt). It doesnt bother me what I'm called to be honest but I'm not sure for work and stuff. Ive got a few months to consider I suppose.
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 2:31pm
Congratulations!! Tha is wonderful news for you and BF :) as for the last I am no help because I couldn't wait to get rid of mine, I have a family name that was synonymous with alcoholism and convicts. I think using it as your middle name is a nice tribute to your dad and also keeps your heritage, and like the pp said, no one uses your middle name. Good luck with the wedding plans!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-05-2011 - 6:59pm

thanks everyone.

lisa i dont know why but i laughed

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 7:23am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is wonderful and exciting news!

I decided to switch my last names for my kids. It is easier with schools and insurance etc. when you share the last name.

A funny thing once happened to us though - My dh is from Italy and most women in Italy keep their family name. On one trip to Florence we were stopped by security at the airport baggage claim and asked for our passports. When the brilliant agent looked at the names he asked if we were cousins lol. We were clearly together as in kissing, holding hands etc. Too funny:)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 9:04am

Ha ha! I guess it is just something that is always foremost in my head because of the area I live in.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 9:13am
Congrats. How exciting. I have no advice other than I know a lot of people who change their middle name to there maiden name. It is pretty common around here. I didn't though because Pangborn isn't much of a middle name. But most people don't call you by your first and middle name like they did when you were little. What about a hyphen?
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2011 - 9:43am

Sahra,

BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS! I am so excited for you! I would keep your last name as a middle name! I am sorry to hear that your dad was deported! Have you ever looked for him? How is the little one doing?

LeAnne

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 12:53pm

thanks for the input everyone. i think i will make my last name my middle name and just drop lynn. i never liked it much anyway:)

LeAnne i use to talk to my dad on the phone it is funny because my birthdaughters mom's housecleaner

Pages