My Kid will never.......

iVillage Member
My Kid will never.......
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 12:22pm

I still have a lot of friends that don't have kids and I think it is so funny to hear them say

Photobucketcenter><

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 12:25pm

I said I would never cosleep. I was a firm believer that my bed was just for me and dh and it was our alone place. Now I sleep with my dh and my 2yo every night. Cole joins in from time to time.

Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 2:27pm

I bribe lol Our grocery store bakery gives a free cookie to the kids and it shuts them right up LOL

I said Masen would be in his crib by 12months just like his brother.. But Masen still doesnt STTN so by 3am he is usually in my bed

Photobucket
Thanks Michelle!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 5:55pm

Not sure I ever said "my kid will never" but my sister had her third the same time I had my first and I remember watching her older ones thinking "wow, she should make them behave better, look at what they are doing!" even though it wasn't anything dangerours or disruptive.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 6:03pm

I am so guilty of this, before I was a parent and even now.

Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 6:56pm
Oh I am a firm believer of No harm No foul. I know when I am around other parents that is easier than when I am with non-parents who think every little move should be addressed and disciplined. I pick my battles otherwise I would spend all day screaming and spanking or my kids would never leave the corner. I have heard a few times from one friend " my kid will know better" I laugh because of course they know better but if she thinks that will stop them from doing it she is wrong.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 7:18pm
I also believe in no harm no foul, in homes. Public places eh, depends on where we are.

At the doctors office in the lobby, I'm not a fan of having carolynn run around. We were there today, and a bunch of kids were running around (which is to be expected.) I let carolynn down and told her to stay right here, and she climbed up on the chair beside me :-) I gave her a book to read, and we chatted and the one little boy popped his head around the corner and flirted with her. A lady across the room reconigzed me, her husband is in Dales unit. Her 19 month old was one of the kids running a muck. Once she seen me, she picked him up and pulled out a game for them to play.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 7:24pm
Oh my kids don't run around in public. Not in restaurants or any place like that unless it is acceptable. Our drs office has a kiddie corner and the boys sit at the table and play with the toys but no running around. I don't like that. It bothers me when we are out to eat and a kid comes from nowhere to check out what i am eating and the parents are on the other side of the place ignoring him.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 6:43am

that is one i will say now. my kid will never run around a restaurant like that. I am a touch of a germ a phob so, the doctor's office toys freak me out a little;) and we bring our own. hehe

hmmm I know I was against using the tv as a calmer or babysitter, but that went out the window in the last month or

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 6:51am

It does crack me up how many girls in my ec love to throw around " advice" even tho they are pregnant for the 1st time:)

how much breast feeding troubleshooting and advice can you give if you have never done it? yes, in a perfect world, all the books you have read will be a baby owner's manuel, but in the real world things happen. the one girl asked btdt how things had gone for them when they had their first- then went through and whenever a mom had had issues , she told them what they SHOULD have tried and what they had done wrong!!!!!! it blew my mind

I could read a million books about flying a plane, but until my happy butt jumps in the cockpit, i am no pilot :P

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 8:22am

I love getting advice on my kids from people who aren't kids but I also enjoy it from people who have a 50yo child. Things were sooooo different back then.

Now I am a freak about the toys at the dr office as well but it just so happens one of the women who works up front is too so I know she cleans them twice a day and it is just one of those magnetic tables with the cars in it that you can move around. Since the Peds never make you wait they don't need more than that.

Oh and the tv I won't let the boys watch certain shows but you wouldn't believe what James has learned from "Teve" haha. The tv isn't on for hours and hours but if I am making lunch then I turn it on or if I need a time out then it goes on. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Photobucketcenter><

Pages