My mom is driving me crazy! Advice...

iVillage Member
My mom is driving me crazy! Advice...
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 11:53am
So I kinda feelbad even posting this. My mom is a great lady and is so good to my daughter, but she's driving me nuts!!! I live in the same complex as my mom and so every day she seems to find a reason to drop by to see the baby. It's usually under the guise of wanting to give or show me something but then she is here for an hour. I don't mind her coming by even a few times a week
 Lexi D Photobucket &
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 12:24pm
Hugs, I would just sit down and talk to her. Explain that you are still getting used to being a mom and need you own space. You love getting to see her, but everyday for an hour has become a bit much. Hugs, I'm sure you will figure out what to say.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 12:29pm
Ouf... sticky situation. I think that you need to pick your timing carefully and be completely honest. I always use self deprecating humor in these situations and I'm sure even with that she'll have a time of feeling offended. However, I am sure with some time to reflect she will see your side. GL!
Photobucket

Lilypie
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-30-2009 - 3:38pm

i agree with the other posters. my mom does much the same thing and i have had to be really blunt with her.. "mom, i want to see you but i need you to only stay for five minutes..." that sort of thing. have you thought of telling her you will stop by once a week? maybe if she knew that you were coming and had it to look forward to, she wouldn't feel so inclined to come over? another thought that i had was y not put her to work? if she wants to see the baby so much, go take a nap and let them play... i know my mom would love that!!

hugs... hope you find something that works soon!