please help - is this a seizure??

iVillage Member
please help - is this a seizure??
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 1:52pm

HI Ladies

I haven't posted in forever but i really need some help.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 7:11pm

Wow, sounds scary, I can understand why you would be concerned.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 8:19pm

I don't want to scare you but you def need to report it to your ped. She can help you decide if it was a seizure or not. There are very many different types of seizures. James has the typical Gran Mal like what you are thinking a seizure is but there are also ones where they just scream, one body part moves or they just stare. James (my ods) is strictly febrile seizures so it isn't actually a seizure disorder but happens when his body temperature stays elevated for to long. They also only last for 15 secs to 5 min. It varies so greatly. I don't have much time right now but later tonight I will add a link to a thread on the seizure board that describes seizures. I really think you should call your Dr about it in the morning.

James is usually tired afterwards and I have heard from a lot of moms that their child is relaxed or sleepy after wards but after a bit they are fine.

I hope it wasn't a seizure.

PhotobucketHAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 9:22pm

I've had some experience with seizures as my sister, a good friend, and I have had many. My guess is it was just a temper tantrum but you can never be too careful. No need to the doctor, but do inform them of what happened the next time you are in. I would also look up the warning signs for seizures and if something like this happens again then you need to take her is asap so they can try to determine what is causing it and prevent any damage from occuring! Big hugs, such a scary thing to go through! I hope your little girl is fine!

LeAnne

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 2:28am
I agree if you are concerned you should at least call her ped. But it does sound like a tantrum because a seizure wouldnt stop when you pick her up. Hope everything is ok!

Photobucket
Thanks Michelle!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Michelle!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 9:53am

call your ped to be safe