Question for those with TWINS

iVillage Member
Question for those with TWINS
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 8:01am

I have a friend who is going to have twins in July and these will be her first children. I was wondering what are some products that us moms with singletons may not think of that would make her life a bit easier? Products for all fronts of child-rearing would be appreciated...nursing, cloth-diapering, etc.

Thanks.

~Tina with JJ Natalie R'nai

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 9:44am
I am not a mom of twins but I do know something like the Moby Wrap is great because you can wear twins with it. I don't know how many slings or wraps let you do that.
PhotobucketHAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 10:07am

Thanks Amy...I am actually going to let her borrow the one I got for JJ. As she's planning on making this her one and only pregnancy, there are many things that she's getting on 'loan' from her friends and this happens to be one of those things.

~Tina with JJ Natalie R'nai

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 5:14pm

I have twins. Somehow, they aren't babies anymore - they're SIX! How did that happen?!? :)

Things that I believe are absolutely essential:

-An EZ2 nurse pillow. It's enormous but works wonders those first few weeks nursing twins.

-A fabulous double stroller (or 2). Although I always like high end strollers, I believe having twins makes it a necessity. You use it every.single.day. There is no just running into the store with a baby in your arms because you only need one thing. You are unloading that sucker 50 times a day and your babies live in it. Spend ALL the money and get one you love. Buy a cheap crib. Buy second hand clothes. Buy cheap everything else. But don't skimp on the stroller - especially if you live somewhere urban! I started with the Maclaren twin traveller (now it's the twin techno) and loved it. When my twins were about 18 months old I also invested in a Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Together, they were the 'dream team' of twin strollers. I sold them both after I had used and abused them for 3+ years for $500 so they had great resale.

-A hospital grade electric breast pump. I didn't really pump with my other children but I did often with twins. My insurance paid for a hospital rental since my twins were a bit early (35 weekers) and it was indispensable.

-A good rocker/recliner. I like a La-Z-Boy type rocker/recliner that swivels. You need something wider in the seat and with super supportive arms. A lot of rockers just aren't big enough to hold and nurse two babies.

Those are the only things I can think of right now! I'm a member of another board that I love called twinstuff.com Their boards are super helpful. If she wants to head over there, I'm sure some of the moms that still have twin babies would have lots more ideas for her!

Tell her congratulations! I LOVE being the mom of twins!

<