Silly thing to be upset about

iVillage Member
Silly thing to be upset about
Sun, 11-14-2010 - 1:09pm

So this is so silly to be upset about but it is really starting to bother me. A few weeks ago Cole started to grab his pee pee during diaper changes and saying Dick. I figure I am hearing things and finally Russ hears it and agrees. He is saying Dick. I would prefer he call it something a little less harsh so we have started to correct him and call it a pee pee. What bothers me is someone would teach a 1 yo that. Dh and I both agree that if they ask we will tell them it is called a Penis or refer to it as the pee pee but no other terms for now.

Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-14-2010 - 2:39pm

I don't think Id be happy either.

Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-14-2010 - 8:13pm

I'd be pretty ticked off too. tell that "someone" to knock it off! James dows not need to be calling people pussies

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-14-2010 - 9:04pm

That is not a silly thing to be upset about! I'd be more than upset if I heard that!!

babies
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 9:11am
Definitely inappropriate! I would be having a chat with that person. We still refer to my five year old's as a pee pee. I know he should probably be using penis by now, but I want to keep him as innocent as we can for as long as we can, KWIM? And also the subject doesn't really come up that often!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 10:02am
Luckily after a few days of correcting him he calls it a pee pee now. He loves to grab body parts and name them. He will do it for quite awhile if he isn't bothered. All he knows is eye, mouth pee pee and toes. lol. As for the certain person when I caught her telling James to call someone a "p" I gave her an ear full. The funny thing is James wouldn't do it. I think he knew it was bad. But I can't believe a grown woman would encourage a child to not only say a bad word but to teach name calling.
Photobucketcenter><