Thank you card

iVillage Member
Thank you card
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 9:48am

I was wondering if you guys think it would be okay for me to have James color pictures for his Thank you cards. I figured I could find one to print off that says thank you and maybe has a picture to color. I thought it would be so much better than a hand written card from me. I don't think it quite follows etiquette though.

What do you think?

Photobucketcenter>HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:04am
I think that sounds like a great idea. I would probably add a dictated sentence or two that says "thank you so-and-so for the _____." But that's just me! :) I wouldn't think you would need to add much if you did...
Photobucket
Thanks to pamelat0318 for my beautiful signature!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks to Tany
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:28am
I figured I would. But I thought the pictured would be so much better than a boring card. lol.
Photobucketcenter>HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!www.youravon.com/acook7612PhotobucketPhotobucketpbwl40PhotobucketsurvivedPhotobucket
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:44am

i think it's an awesome idea! when bella was little my mom found these cards that had every thing printed on them for her, she just had to fill in the blank. "thank you _____ for the wonderful ___________ that you got me for _____________________________"

she would fill them in with *Gramma*, *Barbie*, *my birthday*. then sign her little signature! they were so cute!! i don't see how this idea is any different.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:46am

I love that idea! I think it would be so much more personal, and sweet to receive a thank you note like that! I have always made my older sons draw or write their own thank you notes, and I think people (friends/family) appreciate that! Have fun!

Megan

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:56am
I have seen those before. I figured I would always buy them some day but I read in an article on etiquette that you aren't suppose to do that. I know my family wouldn't care one bit but my inlaws are very proper and get offended if you don't do it properly. I am hoping I don't offend.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 12:46pm
Amy~ With all your IL issues I wouldn't worry about offending them!!! I think its a great idea for James to do that!!! And if anyone has a problem with it, just throw dirty diapers at them :-)
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 1:25pm
wow... not that i am irritated with you, but who wouldn't want to teach our kids thankfulness? for bella, it got her thinking about what she was thankful for, and who she was thanking for what! how is that any different than you writing something out that your child has dictated? if we write the note for them, on their behalf, they never learn to do it themselves!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 2:00pm
I totally agree which is why I wanted James to color the pictures so he starts to learn. I never as a child wrote Thank you notes for birthday gifts. I didn't know you were suppose too. I knew for things like bridal showers, wedding and what not but Birthdays and Christmas I had no clue.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 6:59pm
;P to your inlaws!! if they are offended by a 2 year old drawing them a picture to say thank you, tell them where to shove it! it's teaching him a lot by having him take part in it than for you to do it all on your own anyway. i think its a fabulous idea:)
PhotobucketLilypie First Birthday tickers

babies
Photobucket