there's an app for that

iVillage Member
there's an app for that
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 9:04pm

what do you guys think of this?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 9:29am
W O W !!! Not sure what I think about that! For one, I think it irresponsible to use it for Halloween for reasons stated in the article. A phone may track your kid but it won't protect them from an abductor; if you weren't sending them out unsupervised before this isn't a reason to do so now! As for keeping tabs on their whereabouts on other occasions (teenagers) I can see the temptation but I also remember being a teenager; I told my parents the truth, but maybe not ALL the details, KWIM? I made my own decisions and mistakes and learned from them, if my mom had been hovering over me, I wouldn't have been free to grow. I am of the opinion that we are grooming our kids to be trustworthy and independent and at some point we have to have a bit of trust. I DO like the app for emergencies if you lost them, like the Disneyland example, that would give me peace of mind for sure!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 6:33pm

My neighbor mentioned that her husband's car has GPS and she can look on her computer or phone to see where the car is at any time.

happy kids bw-sig

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 8:43pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

I could have used that for my ex hubby. but then again, by the time the trust has dipped low enough that you start checking on them with gps, should you really be together still?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 11:14pm

happy kids bw-sig