Walkin' Shoes?

iVillage Member
Walkin' Shoes?
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 11:52am
So Lyla has started to walk and I dont really know what to do for outside. All her shoes aren't for walking and I can't have her barefoot. Can anyone recommend some decent walking shoes?
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 12:44pm

We just bought some from pediped. They are supposed to be really good for walking/learning to walk. They arent a hard rubber sole, they're soft but great for outside.

I've heard good things about stride rite too, though I couldnt find a pair big enough for Owen that still had the soft sole. Im sure he will outgrow the pedipeds before long (we are on the largest size soft sole) and we will probably have to switch to the hard soles pretty soon!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 1:15pm

Nolan has a few pairs of Robeez and I love them.. they have the flexible rubber soles.. We got them at Stride Rite, but you can order them from the website too!

www.robeez.com

and the girl's styles are waay cuter than the boys!

Photobucket Thanks for the siggy Michelle!

babies
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 6:00pm
Robeez have been ideal for both DS and my JJ, but they are a bit spendy, like $25-$30 for shoes that will fit for a few months). Target now sells some imitation robeez (called ministar) that are half the price. Lila has one pair of each (ministar and robeez) and the only difference I can see is that the robeez have softer leather.

Liz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Liz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 5:11pm
Adrian is still in his Robeez and will be for a while (you can find deals on them on ebay), but he also has some pedipeds and See Kai Run sandals that I like for when things get more rugged this summer.