Cheer - Insurance

iVillage Member
Cheer - Insurance
Sun, 07-26-2009 - 11:03am

I am so happy that we have insurance. I got the run down from them this week on expenses and what they cover and don't. Our Hospital bills and my Alere bills (this doesn't include dr visits or anything else) for May - June was over $70, 000 of that we will have to pay $1,000. I couldn't believe all of the stuff that they did to keep me pregnant (the shots, monitoring and the terb pump) cost a little over $30,000. So my pregnancy in total cost a little over $120,000. It makes me so happy that Russ got the job with the city right before I got pregnant with James. I only wish everyone could have that kind of insurance coverage and pay what we pay.

Photobucketcenter>
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 7:32am

That is great news Amy!!

It is ridiculous how much they bill for medical procedures and medicines. Of the $120,000.00 billed to your insurance they have deals where the insurance will pay about 1/5th of the price.

If it were you or I, we would be responsible for the whole $120!

Photobucket

Lilypie
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 10:14am
Yeah no kidding. Russ and I did joke about insurance because right after I found out I was pregnant with Cole the insurance went up and we said they had to raise the rates to cover their butts. My pregnancy with James, his birth and NICU stay came to almost $500,000. So we said they were preparing for the worse. lol. Of course as much as it cost it was a whole lot cheaper.
cljjsiggy

Thank you Jenn for this great siggy

pbwl15PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
Photobucketcenter>