My sister is moving to Australia!!!!

iVillage Member
My sister is moving to Australia!!!!
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 8:49am
So this is still a secret so don't mention it on facebook please! My sister called me two days ago and dropped this bomb on me and I am reeling! My sister and BIL have moved three times now because her husband works a major international company and his job is to ease new branches into the company and set them up for the protocols. Every move so far has been within the country but they moved back home two years ago and we thought they had settled for good. My sister opened her own business, her sons are in grade five, three and K, and they were happy to be home. Apparently BIL just found out their company will be opening new offices in Australia and has been offered the job to get them set up. They can't pass up this opportunity which I totally understand but I am going to miss them so bad. I am worried about my nephews and I am also a bit jealous that I can't go. This is good news for them but I am having a hard time with it :(
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 1:06pm

Wow, what a big move!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 5:44pm
Not very likely...we live in Canada so this is quite literally on the other side of the world! The tickets for me alone would be nearly 2000.00 and that isn't something we can afford easily. Not to mention the fact that DH cannot run the farm alone with three kids for any amount of time. Having him come along is a long shot not only because of the money but we have to nearly beg and plead with the inlaws to get five days off in the summer to go camping a half hour from our house :P on the other hand visiting Australia would be the chance of a lifetime for us and we wouldn't have to pay for room and board - maybe it is one of those things you MAKE happen, right?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-17-2011 - 8:51am
Maybe if you start planning now and try to figure out a way to a little here and there you can go visit once next spring. I am very close to my sisters so I would almost die. Lol. I get upset just thinking of them moving to Florida like they say they will do. We live on the farm too so no chance we could ever follow.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 8:05pm

I am very close to my sister...for six years it was just me, my mom, and my sister, the three musketeers after my parents divorced.

Photobucket