OVERwhelmed

iVillage Member
OVERwhelmed
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 9:39am
This is just a garden variety rant from me- I am just feeling overwhelmed and stressed and emotional, so I thought maybe if I put it all out there, I could get it off my chest and perhaps someone could throw a new perspective to it.

So far 2011 hasn't been a great year for me: a lot of it is our ttc troubles, we started last February and even knowing it takes us a long time, we really thought we would have a baby by now, or at least by the end of this year. Not only is that not going to happen, but both my SIL's and best friend have newborns as of this month. I want to be happy for them, but i can't bring myself to even hold their babies (one is my own godson) so I find myself avoiding them and isolating myself even more.

A month ago i found out my sister and her family are moving to Australia, literally across the world. I am happy for them but heartbroken that I will only see them twice in the next two years. It has always been me, my,mom and my sister growing up and to have her so far away is devastating.

Last week my dad was admitted to the hospital-he is vomiting blood, has an inflamed esophagus and severe diabetes, he has lost 40 pounds in a month and can't keep food down longer than three hours, putting him on a liquid diet.

I know compared to a lot of people going through far more devastating things right now these are small and insignificant worries, but I am feeling like a lot of things are piling up and I can't get a break from it all. Thanks for listening

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 8:34am

Thanks all so much for you support. Things are starting to get put into perspective; the Dr's have figured out that my dad has reoccuring pancreatitis, which is very serious, especially with his severe diabetes, but at least we know now, and they can treat him accordingly.

I have an appointment in two weeks to have a HSG test done (dye is injected into your fallopian tubes to check for blockages) and we will see what happens from there.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 8:15am
Hugs momma. I just saw this but I wanted to say it is all so much. I hope things come around for you soon in the TTC department. Have you talked to your OB about it yet? I know they say a year but maybe she will have some helpful advice. I hope your dad is okay and they can get him figured out. As for your sister can you get skype? I know it isn't the same as person to person but until you can figure out a trip plan maybe it will help. You can have a weekly or monthly lunch together. I feel you on that. My sisters and I are very close and my heart would chrush at the thought of one of them moving.

I hope everything starts to get better soon.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 10:46am

I agree with Amy.. nothing you mentioned is small or insignifigant!

babies
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 6:15pm

ummm- none of those are small or insignificant.

Photobucket