Ugh brother and SIL rant/vent

iVillage Member
Ugh brother and SIL rant/vent
Tue, 05-31-2011 - 2:45pm

So over the winter, my SIL was jailed for credit card fraud/identity theft by her own father. My brother, SIL, and their son were living with them at the time, but were kicked out the day she was jailed. They always have financial problems, and my brother is always in and out of jobs, not to mention he has 2 children from another marriage which he has thousands of dollars due in child support for. SIL got out of jail eventually when my brother could get enough money together for bail. And we find out that around a month when my DH and I told everyone the news of our new expected LO, my SIL is pregnant! She always went on about how she wanted another, but my brother played it smart for years about how they couldn't afford it, plus he is 37 years old. I don't understand how they could afford another...I mean, I'm sure they can find the way, but it just seems that they are going to be on government assistance (if they will even take someone that has a felony under her belt). I'm happy she is getting her second child, but I am fearful of economic issues the baby will be coming into...Sorry to rant, I think it helped me some just to vent.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 11:44am

ugh- I'd be pretty worried too. That's quite a bit off bad rolled into a short time

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 11:34am

That really sucks! I hope that a miracle happens and they get their lives together enough to be able to provide for this baby! Congrats on your pregnancy! Zoey is going to be a great big sister!