Ugh MIL

iVillage Member
Ugh MIL
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 8:33pm
Every time James goes to mils house he comes home with an attitude. Today was horrible. While I was trying to get him to leave he refused to listen so I put him in time out. When I tried to talk to him he slapped me in the face so I spanked him. Mil runs over and grabs him, gives him a hug and tells him he is ok. Then tells him he doesn't have to clean up his toys. Ugh! I told Russ I didn't stand up to her today but be warned the next time she pulls a stunt like that he won't like the way I handle it. Hopefully he gets the message and tells her not to interfere with punishing James.
When we got home he got mad and threw a handful of dirt at me and pushed Cole off his toy. Then he threw his bowl of food across the kitchen. I ended up having to put him in his room for 30 mins. Luckily that seemed to help but I know tomorrow will be tough.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
In reply to: momma_2_james
Tue, 04-12-2011 - 8:40am
I have the same problem...everytime I punish the kids I get the "mommy is so mean, come see grandma" routine. I don't send the kids over there unless I am desperate.

Definitely a good idea getting DH involved! I have found that is the most effective way to handle it because she will probably listen to him if she won't support you, and it is HIS mother so he SHOUlD handle it, IMO.
Photobucket