Wow it just keeps going...... Long

iVillage Member
Wow it just keeps going...... Long
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 10:24pm
This is going to be long and some rambling so I apologize now.
For the last 3 weeks Dh has been working 18 hrs a day on the farm. It has been me alone with the kids and my high risk pregnancy doesn't allow for much. I think most of you have seen my FB status lately and I'm usually whining but again most of you know what it's like to be exhausted and still have to deal with the kiddos.
Well tonight I made a status about my kids climbing on me every time I sit down and apparently my friends husband found it as a chance to tell me how he really feels about my parenting skills. What's worse is his wife ( who is suppose to be my best friend) backed him in an email basically telling me I'm a crappy mom that allows her children to get away with everything. That it's mine and dhs fault they behave the way they do. Now I am mad and want to tell her how I really feel because she doesn't know anything about being a mom or raising kids because she doesn't have any but the nice person in me doesn't want to hurt her feelings because I know they have been trying for 2 years. Now maybe I see why they haven't had any yet and it's because they have unrealistic ideas on how children should behave. For now I am done talking to them. I really had hoped it would come to this because outside of kids we get along great.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 3:02pm
In the second email she basically attacked me and my entire life. She said i was ruining James life because I wouldn't take her advice and more or less she is right because she got advice from her mom and mil and that is just as good as experience. She really went Jr.high drama. I didn't bother responding. Only a coward would start a fight and then pass it on to his wife to finish and for her to take everything I have talked to her about and twist it was worse. I could never be friends with someone like that. I think for now I will stick with my "mommy" friends.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 2:28pm

I agree with Kate, I LOVED LOVED Amy's (Nelson) comment.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-18-2011 - 2:30pm
What surprises me is that 14 people responded to that comment and yet They still know best so regardless what the 14 moms say the one person without pchildren is the expert. After an email she sent me this morning there won't be any more contact.
Photobucketcenter><
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-18-2011 - 10:58am
Amy you were incredibly restrained in not taking that guys head off and I was so pleased to see that "Miss" Nelson handed him his ass on a plate! They have no right to judge you or your parenting style and I think you're right to drop contact for a while. What goes around comes around and one day, they might understand!
Photobucket Thank you vegiemama for my beautiful sig
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 4:34pm
OH hugs. Tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine!!! I don't understand people, its not like kids are little soldiers who will stand at the position of attention for an hour on end. I knew everything before I had Miss Thang. They need lots of love, hugs and kisses. Then you need to let them run around and learn about the world. Then when they run to much you put them to bed ;-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 9:10am
Ouch! I had some pretty insensitive remarks from a friend lately (not as bad as all that though!) and i know it hurts a lot, ((HUGS)) I try to tell myself that they aren't in my shoes so they can't possibly know. As for the DH working, I totally relate! I haven't seen DH for two weeks now, and haven't noticed him come to bed or leave in the morning...I feel like a single mom! Not to hijack your thread, just wanted to let you know I understand. Hang in there, hopefully the farm work will slow down soon!
Photobucket