Solids?

iVillage Member
Solids?
Sun, 11-27-2011 - 9:13am

How much is SP eating these days?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-27-2011 - 1:36pm
Eating is so variable here. Some days he doesn't eat much - I think he's working on the last molars, other days he seems to be hitting a growth spurt and he's eating every time we turn around. Have you talked to the pediatrician about this?
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 11:50am
Stephanie, have you talked to your doctor about this? This just doesn't seem right. You should be able to get a good night's sleep by now IMHO. Even when I co-slept with DS#1 (until he was 2), I was able to get a good night's sleep. Have you taken Lauren in for an allergy test? I'm just throwing that out there, I can't really think of why she would still be up so much through the night. If it helps, can you switch to a warm glass of milk with a few crackers before bed - something high in carbs to get her through the night? I hope Lauren is able to get a better night's rest soon - for both of your sakes.
Cole is not really a picky eater. He does however, love a few things more than others, but he usually eats up a storm when he goes through his growth spurts. In a day, he'll consume about 1/2 cup of oat flakes cereal or some oatmeal, maybe some cucumber slices, about 2 or 3 cherry tomatoes, a few crackers - here or there, he loves to dip his crackers in hummus, so that goes on and on for about 5 or 6 crackers ... lol. I usually throw in a treat mid day, whether it be a cookie or a lollipop. I bought a bag of organic lollipops awhile ago and we just finished it up over the weekend. Then, for dinner, he'll eat about 1/2 cup of food. An example of his dinner might be about 2 or 3 small roasted potatoes, about 3 or 4 steamed or roasted baby carrots (he prefers steamed). Add to that, some rice if it's served. He's not much for meat yet, although he will eat some chicken and he also likes weiners. He is still learning that he has to eat his dinner (or at least an acceptable portion) before he gets dessert. B/c of SO's health, we've had a lot of "junk food" in the house. They've been easy calories for SO and he loves to share! Cole also drinks about 3/4 cup of milk or juice with his meal. During any meal time, Cole will easily prop himself up on your lap to help you eat whatever is on his lap. He's been out of his high chair now for about a month. He'd rather sit on his knees to eat his dinner around the table with the rest of us.
I am also still nursing him. I said I wouldn't do it after he turned 2, and well, he turned 2 yesterday and I am still nursing him. It just makes him a nicer little boy after his been nursed for a good 10 minutes when I get home from work.