Aunt Flo's In Town?? Still BF Though..?

iVillage Member
Aunt Flo's In Town?? Still BF Though..?
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 10:05pm

welp, it's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! hit me all at once this morning... AF!! i haven't had a period since JANUARY 2009!! I did not miss them either! LOL!! I'm still bf JJ, but slowing down. I've introduced stage 2 formula. i'm having a really hard time accepting the fact that my 'baby' is outgrowing the baby phase - he's WALKING, having 3 solid meals a day, getting new teeth by the bunch. technically isn't that a toddler?! i really don't want to give up nursing, and even was able to keep bf thru surgery/recovery on my shoulder. but now i'm trying to re-gain the use of my arm and the surgeon told me that everything inside my shoulder was 'really loose'. bf loosens up all your joints, so i'm thinking that i need to taper off slowly. i love bf my baby (and he's my last baby)... it's going to be hard for me to give it up (now or later!). i have a checkup with the surgeon in late sept, so will talk to him about it before i wean my little guy totally.

it's funny too b/c with my older DD i got my period about 2 months after her first solid food. with DS it's been about 4 months since introducing food. but i think he eats and nurses more than she did.

everyone else already get AF back even though they're bf still?

lovemydaughter.gif image by rebekkak

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 7:27am

I'm sorry to hear that she's back!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 10:02am

You ladies are all lucky in my book!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 10:53am
for me AF showed up like a month after giving birth. and i was only bf not bottles(she wouldn't take them) just straight from the tap.
Photobucket

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

wedding planning guide

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 9:56pm
Sorry to hear AF is back I am still waiting for her return. Not looking forward to it either. Right now I pump twice a day and he nurses five times and so far so good. Another reason I am not anxious to wean 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket