Checking in...been MIA

iVillage Member
Checking in...been MIA
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 11:58am

Hi all. I have not been posting in awhile. I hope all of you & your SPs are well. Summer is flying by, isn't it?
Update on Ella:
She is nearing 9 months and doing well. Her weight gain really slowed once she became mobile, but her height continues to take off. She is roughly 30" and 22 lbs. now. Still a big girl, I'm sure! She is a pro at crawling, standing herself up and cruising along furniture. She is finally eating better. We still can't give her anything too chunky or crunchy as she gags very easily. My oldest was finger feeding by 9 months with cheerios, pasta, etc. Ella gags on all of that. She finally had pasta last night, but I had to cut up the penne in very, very small pieces and feed it to her. She loves the gerber yogurt melts, but those too have to be sliced in half. All in all though, she loves stage 3 foods and is a big veggie fan. Yay! She babbles a ton, claps her hands, waves, dances and tries to say kitty...her first word. She says gee gee when she sees them. We just adore her. Teething has been a nightmare. She has a much bigger problem with it than my boys ever did. Her sleeping at night gets interrupted, she is cranky and she does not nap well. I was told the first several come in pairs, but unfortunately not for Ella. She has the bottom two and then about a month later she got one of the top ones. Just one, darn it! The boys have been off since June 9 and it has been a challenge. Keeping them all happy has been a struggle. I miss the days of just me & Ella by ourselves. That sounds awful...I love the boys...but it's hard keeping them happy when I am chasing around a very mobile baby all day. My oldest is still playing baseball, so that doesn't help. We are out almost every night with that. I'm very proud of him & his team as they make their way through this big city tourney, but it is exhausting too.
Anyway, again, I hope everyone is well. I'll be catching up on posts very soon. Here is a very recent pic of Ella so you can see my big girl!

Lesley
Mom to Evan (11) Nolan 97) & Elle (Oct. 23rd)

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 8:59pm
She is lovely and sounds like she is thriving and doing so well!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 12:04am
She's adorable! Thanks for sharing :-)

Shairstin

Shairstin

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 12:43am

Thanks for the updated. Mine is at the opposite end of the spectrum... she's 8 1/2 months (makes me sad she's growing so fast) and ~15 lbs. Although the PED says to hold off on finger foods till 9 mo, I've found there's a lot nutritionally (nursing, especially) that I disagree with, so we actually started today... (she also says no cheese, yogurt till 12 mo, ("but a little probably wouldn't hurt")).

Good to see your DD is doing so well! Wow - you're going to have to get a convertible if you haven't already... I've started looking at them myself. I've always liked Britax, so I'm leaning toward the Boulevard.

I know what you means about balancing your boys and the baby - my 2 DD are home ( 6 1/2 and 8 ) and it's hard... fortunately, I work in the mornings and they go to various camps, so it keeps them busy.

Veronique

Véronique (38)