Friend's baby died

iVillage Member
Friend's baby died
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 12:41am

I was wondering if you all could keep my friend in your thoughts and prayers. After a healthy pregnancy, she went into labor a week after her due date this last Sunday. The baby's heart rate started plummeting, so they did an emergency c-section. The baby apparently swallowed merconium and, as they pulled the baby out, she died. They were able to resuscitate her for a period of time, only to have her die.

My friend is heartbroken. I wish there was something I could do. She called me yesterday and said I am the only one of her gf who could understand what she's going through. I m/c at thirteen weeks. While we did have a baby boy and bury him, I didn't go through nearly what she has gone through. My heart aches for her. Regardless, I know the pain and torture of holding your dead child, and wanting to say something to make it come back to life.

Please keep her in your prayers. She went home with her parents today, and I know the next long while is going to be hard for her.

Thanks, ladies. :(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 10:11am

I can't even imagine the pain your friend is dealing with.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 10:31am
I will be keeping her in my prayers. I just couldn't imagine having to go through that.
Photobucket

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

wedding planning guide

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 8:26pm