Disney World ?

iVillage Member
Disney World ?
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 10:31pm

I am wanting to take Ashlynn to Disney World for her 2nd or 3rd birthday and was wondering what kind of experience you all have with this? I was like 9 when I went and the magic was not there so I defenitley want to go when she is under 4, I'm just not sure if 2 is too young ??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 9:18am

Ashley is my first, so I don't have experience with taking a toddler...just wanted to share that I have been to Disney Land around Halloween and it was a lot of fun. And, I have been to Disney World during Thanksgiving week, and it wasn't nearly as crowded as it has been during my summer trips. I think your family would really enjoy a Halloween trip to Disney.

Also, my sister and I did our first Disney trip when I was 4 and she was 2. I don't think she remembered much about it years later, but she had a great time while we were there. And, we went again when I was around 6 and she was around 4, so she might have remembered more about the first trip if the first memories hadn't started getting mixed in with those from later trips. I think 2 is old enough to enjoy Disney.

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 9:33am

Right now we are planning on TTC next November. So we either go right before I get pregnant and take them both back another time, when #2 is 2 or 3 or we wait until Ashlynn is 3 and take a 3 month old or less baby with us or leave him/her at home, which I'm totally not okay with.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 8:38am

How exciting!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 11:32am

I think you're going to have a blast, too. :) And if you're going to start TTC in November I think Halloween is a perfect time to take Ashlynn.

I agree, the concept of waiting until a toddler will have long-term memories of a vacation isn't super important to me. I worked in a toddler room at a daycare in college, and those kids talked about trips to Disney for months before and after going. It was adorable. And Ashlynn will have a great time as she gets older looking at the pics of her trip to Disney.

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09