Getting emontional about SP turning 1?

iVillage Member
Getting emontional about SP turning 1?
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 7:02am
Yesterday I was out getting things for SP's little party that we are having on Saturday. When I ordered her cake I told the lady that I wanted "Happy 1st Birthday Lauren" written on the cake, I litterally almost starting crying. Then the same thing happened when I was inquiring about 1st b-day helium ballooons. This is my second child so it not like I haven't bought 1st birthday things before. Maybe it's because she is our last. Anyone else getting emotional? I am going to be a wreck when we sing Happy Birthday to her, lol.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 11:14am

I'm tearing up reading your post ... does that give you a hint at how emotional I am ? This is our first baby and we haven't decided yet if she is our last. Right now we are planning to TTC when Ashlynn is two but there is also a big part of us that doesn't want to have another child because my husband wants to open his own business and it would be a huge money/time drain to have another baby.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 3:36pm

Well, mine turned one last week.

Carmen

Mommy to Arianna and Corinne

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 5:20pm

I'm excited and emotional about her turning 1. She has started really walking now, and for some reason, I'm more emotional over that than over her 1st birthday. Seeing her walk really drives it home that she's not a tiny baby anymore. I think I'd be even more emotional if I knew we weren't having any more, but we are planning on TTC sometime over the next year.

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09