A little vent and a few PT needed

iVillage Member
A little vent and a few PT needed
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:35am

My 4 year old DS is going in for surgery #5 on Monday, Sept 27th.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 12:41pm
My DH thinks that his job is harder than mine also. he thinks that it's so easy to take care of a little one. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions on helping you, but i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. i hope you can find something to work out for you.
Photobucket

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

wedding planning guide

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 6:37pm
Sending PT's your way! My thought is that if sleep is that important to DH, then he should welcome his mom coming to stay with SP. You need to be able to concentrate on your DS.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 9:24pm

If MIL has offered her services, then take her up on it.

Tara, Mommy to Bobby (12/15/03), Maggie (4/8/05), and our newest arrival, Grace (11/6/09) 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 10:04pm
PT for your family. I will definitely keep you all in my thoughts Monday! I agree with everyone that MIL staying with SP at home sounds like the best solution under the circumstances.

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09

blinkie

10monthmedal

-Jenn

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 10:14am

you're right that isn't fair, you should be able to focus all your attention on the child in the hospital. I know from experience. When Ashleigh was hospitalized in March I kept Catie with me. Thankfully none of the staff complained and even offered to get me diapers if i needed them. The bad thing was there was no crib for Catie, and just a chair for me to sleep in. Catie slept in her crib, she was waking 4 or more times because it was an unfamiliar enviroment. Plus the times that the nurse would come in and check on Ashleigh we did not get much sleep. Then during the day time there really wasn't anything for the baby to do. It was a small room. During that time she wasn't crawling, so we just laid a small blanket on the floor with some rattles. But now our kids are crawling and walking all around. I'm sure she has grabby hands like Catie, and likes to get into everything.

If he doesn't want to watch the baby, is he willing to sleep at the hospital? Or is that not an option. I know my kids would rather have mom there.

Ken did watch Madisyn and Emely but that was because they had to be at school.

Chris mom to 4 girls! Ashleigh, Madisyn, Emely, & Cathryn

Chris mom to Ashleigh, Madisyn, Emely, and Catie
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 6:01pm
How did the surgery go? I hope DS is recovering well and that you found an acceptable solution to your problem.

-Jenn

blinkie

10monthmedal

-Jenn