Pool Time !

iVillage Member
Pool Time !
Sat, 05-28-2011 - 11:24pm

We bought a bigger inflatable pool this year that is big enough for us to get in and sit while Ashlynn swims. I'm so excited to take her out. We filled it up today and she splashed around in it as it filled up even though we thought the water was way too cold for us!! We will probably take her out Monday to actually swim if it's warmed up enough. She loves the water. Hopefully I'll share some photos when we do :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-29-2011 - 8:37am
We didn't do a pool last year. I was going to get a basic baby pool to see how much we used it and how much Bry liked it. I found someone who was giving away a bigger baby pool with a built in slide. We haven't filled it yet. We got a tarp yesterday to cover it to help keep the leaves out of it. I wondered about how long it would take to warm up, but maybe he won't care. Any tips on using a pool? I'm thinking we need to change the water about once a week. Anything else we should think about?
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-29-2011 - 11:20am

Ashley LOVES water too, so she has a baby pool at our house and both sets of grandparents' houses. We did get a slightly bigger baby pool with an inflatable cover, to keep the sun off her. It has already been 99 here several days, and I'm afraid of how hot it will be in August!

-Jenn

Mom to Ashley Elizabeth, born 11/3/09

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 7:14pm
We have a large blue bucket that catie loves to sit in. Yesterday I took it out to our deck filled it about 1/3 of the way with water and let her play with it. She loved getting in the bucket of water LOL! We have a blow up pool that i bought last summer, it's at my parents place. I'm not sure if i'll get another pool this year or not.
Chris mom to Ashleigh, Madisyn, Emely, and Catie