Toddler Bed

iVillage Member
Toddler Bed
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 10:12pm

Ashlynn has been in her Toddler Bed for over a month now. It was a pretty rough transition but now she is doing much better. Occasionally though, like tonight, she will just come over to her bedroom door and sleep right in front of it. I have to shut the door to her room or she won't go to sleep. When this happens I usually wake her up, because I can't get into her room otherwise, and put her back in her bed and hope she is tired enough to just pass out in bed.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 1:54pm

Elizabeth will be moving to her new bed in September, since we tackled potty training this month.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 1:20pm
We haven't even discussed moving Cole into a toddler bed yet. We just moved him back into his crib two nights ago after going through a 3 week phase of "needing" - more like wanting - to be in our bed at night. I love him being there, but I've been down that road with my first son and believe you, me, the crib is where he needs to be! ;)
I've also thought about when the time comes - and how many times he'll likely try (in a night) to come to our bed or come downstairs to where the rest of the family is. I hope it's an easy transition. Congrats to you for your success so far. Awesome.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 3:15pm
We had to move Annabelle to a toddler bed a few months ago as she started climbing out of her crib. We had one night of her being unsure, but now she gets right into it at bedtime. A few times we've heard her get up and start playing with stuff, but she usually puts herself back to bed (if we don't get in there and put her back right away).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 9:56am
You're so lucky you have an accommodating child there Kerry :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 6:57pm
Killian's been in his toddler bed for a few months. He despised his crib and would scream for an hour straight every night, but he loves his big boy bed. He'll let me walk him to his bed and cover him with his Yo Gabba Gabba blanket, and goes straight to sleep. He's fallen out of it a couple times, but since it's only about 4 inches off the ground and he landed on carpet, he never knew he did it.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 9:26am
My son makes up for it. He is 3.5 and has only just been forced to sleep in his own bed/own room and we still have issues with him getting up 3-4 times a night.

Photobucket