WWYD???

iVillage Member
WWYD???
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 7:47am

I’m worried about Andre.

Yesterday he had a fever, and this morning when he woke up, he wouldn’t stand or walk.

There’s another baby at his daycare with the very same symptoms.

I called his pediatrician, and he told me not to worry, just give him ibuprofen.

WWYD? Should I take him to the hospital?

I really like his pediatrician, but this is freaking me out.

Ana Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: m04a10
Thu, 06-02-2011 - 10:58am

Did the ped say anything specifically about him not walking/standing? Maybe he has a cold/flu and is just lethargic. If he's running a fever and doesn't feel well, he may just want to lay down and rest.

However, if it is bothering you, then take him in. At least it will give you peace of mind if they say nothing is wrong and it's just a cold or something ya know? Good luck! Hope he feels better soon!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 12:43pm
Whatever happened? Did you take him to the hospital or did he get better on his own? What did the dr say it was?

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 4:57pm

Well, I did take him to the hospital, like 5 or 6 times.

They did him tests, blood, X-ray and ultrasounds. They said it was an acute transient synovitis, and was due to the chicken pox he had had two weeks before.

He didn't walk or stand for 2 weeks. It was really hard.:smileysad:

At the hospital the doctors would say "he'll start walking in a couple of days", but then he wouldn't. We then went back for more tests, and again the same thing, "you have to be patient, in a couple of days he's going to walk", and then... nothing.

This went on for 10 days, then we met the orthopedist, and he said that they were wrong, that this takes a long time to heal.

Now his still limping a little, but nothing much. So now I'm very happy.:smileyvery-happy:

Ana Lilypie Second Birthday tickers