1 in 5 Regrets Child's Name

iVillage Member
1 in 5 Regrets Child's Name
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 9:05am

One in Five Parents Regrets Their Kid's Name

http://www.ivillage.com/one-five-parents-regrets-their-kids-name/6-a-212167

Do you regret any of your children's names??

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 11:16am
That is very interesting!! I am a name fanatic, I love hearing the names people choose and why. I also love thinking outside of the box and trying to come up with a name for my children that are not common at all but also don't sound too bizarre. KWIM? Anyway, so far, I am very happy with both of their names. Brynn's sometimes gets pronounced like "Brian" but other than that, not one regret. Now if it was to appear on the popular names list, I would be really upset. That is always a fear of mine. DF and I always joke that if they ever remake Gone with the Wind, we are in trouble because then Rhett's name might become popular. Our biggest challenge will be naming future children with such great names that hopefully won't ever become popular.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 2:39am
Absolutely not lol. Me and Rob still love it and my family has told us all they didn't like it at first but now it just fits him and they really love it. I have a friend who named her daughter after family members and hates her daughter's name so she calls her something completely different. In my opinion naming after family is fine (Troy is my dad's name) but don't do it if you hate the name!

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 9:02am

I am one of the 5!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 3:47pm

I would only change my oldests. We named her after her paternal grandmother (Allison) and my grandmas middle name (Alice). We did this with the agreement to call her Ally. I should have spelled it Allyson or spelled Ally Alli. I think if I had it to do over, I would just name her Ally. I love my sons name: Dylan.. not too common, I think we only know of one other boy in his age range with the same name. Avery I love, except when the older folks insist on pronouncing all three syllables... I really like it as "A-vree" not "A-ver-reee"...

My name is Shana and no one every pronounces it correctly! Its always Shawna, Shayna, Shannon, ....

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 11:29pm
I don't regret any of the names I choose for my kids. My son's name is Dylan and he just graduated from H.S and was the only Dylan. I think it's more common now though. I love the names Kamryn and Harper. I do wish we spelled Kamryn the traditional way with a C, but again I haven't seen the way we have it spelled alot either. I do wish people would consider that Harper is a girl's name. When I call to make her DR's appointments they always ask when is HIS birthday, but on the other hand I get compliments all the time on her name.

Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 10:35am

Nope, I like all my kiddos names. The only thing I don't like is other people's silly response to the boys names being so close. Isaac and Isaiah start with the same couple of letters, but to me are really not that much alike. They act like we gave them the same names, lol. I've actually had people say, OMG, you named your sons the same thing!?! Ummm...no, dorks.

We went through long processes to choose all of them. We were still debating the last two we had picked for Norah in the delivery room after she was born, lol. The nurses and my OB were giving us their "last minute" opinions. We made sure they were names we really liked, had good meanings, weren't too popular, and were names they wouldn't be embarrassed of (hopefully) ever. We also tried to stick with traditional spellings. There's nothing more annoying than having to spell your name out for everyone...blah.

Anyway, after all that rambling, lol, we love Isaac Gage, Isaiah Solomon, and Norah Simone :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

veteran wife Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket