Drama

iVillage Member
Drama
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 2:38pm

Ok, so I would like to think that Im a pretty strong and independent woman. Im about to rant about something very petty and Im almost ashamed that I was bothered by what happened, but I am....

Ok, DH deployed last week and he went with most of the women in his squadron, many are married and we are all friends because well, they all work together, we have children of the same age and we can all just hang out as families....we have been here for two years and will leave around the same time....we have a lot in common.

So, I have been keeping in contact with most of the dads (some active duty, some not) and the mothers. We were already a pretty close network of friends to start with, so we have been here for one another, email, chat...you know, just check on eachother. I went to the dentist the other day and one of the dads (J) kept my girls while I went. I took another one's daughter to the play ground for a few hours so he could "have a moment"....no big deal, right? Everyone that is deployed together hang out every night after work and things have been pretty easy on all of us, as a group....

Well, today (M) contacted me and was bummed that his sitter bailed on him. He was going to go out with some people from his shop and was really looking forward to it. I offered him to just bring the kids (boy-6, girl-3) to my house, told him to go enjoy himself and pick the kids up around 9-10 the next morning. He was very grateful, thanked me many times, offered money that I refused. I say

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: daswan55
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 12:56pm

Tons of ((HUGS)) for you. I agree but I also want to

href="http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/Reikai776/Blinkies/?action=view&current=wwjunegoal.gif" target=_blank>Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: daswan55
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 8:59am

Huge ((((HUGS))))) Lacey!