I have to get this out somewhere somehow

iVillage Member
I have to get this out somewhere somehow
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 10:03am

I am so livid and it keeps building. This may get long...! Backround. My step mother and I have never gotten along. Our personalities just dont click. She is condesending when she talks to me and always has been, she makes me feel less than I am or at least tries to. So anyway, when I had Dylan I made it clear to the family that she is by no means his grandma. She and I do not have a relationship, and she treats me like dirt on her shoe. She will not be referred to as grandma. Obviously it caused a bunch of drama, but I thought that it was finally accepted. I thought that my wishes would be respected. Stupid me.

Dylan stayed the weekend with my dad and the step bitch. No big deal, I was fine with it. Never thought that they would go against my wishes. I go to pick him up, we met at a gas station off the interstate. When they were saying thier goodbyes, both dad and step-B referred to her as grandma. "give grandma a hug" "say by to grandma" blah blah. Being that I was outraged, in public, and had Dylan right there, I didnt say anything. I didnt want to go through it all with Dylan right there. I am still fuming. I will address it, I will call and go through all of this drama again. I dont know how I am going to handle it, but I am so furious I have to handle it.

And again she gave me unsolicited "advice" in her condesending way. Its hard enough being a mom, you dont need someone talking down to you like that.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 11:11am

First off, (((HUGS))).

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 1:39pm

I see your frustration. (((HUGS))))! I see 2 ways of a possible solution. You have every right in the world as the mommy to Dylan to decide who interacts with him or not. That being said, ask yourself do you see her as being a good person with your DS

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 4:54pm

Thanks ladies. I appreciate you listening.

I couldn't let it go. I said something.

I was floored when my father told me that he had no intentions of abiding by my wishes with

Visit

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 10:03pm
Your dad sounds like my dad a little..... he will always take my stepmom's side no matter what. My kids call my stepmom Grandma Tammy. My mom is Nana and my dad is Papa and my stepdad is Papa Cliff. So maybe that kind of compromise can be made, to call her Grandma Lou or whatever her name is. If it makes you feel any better, right now my stepmother has me blocked on FB, because of a status I put up one day that wasn't about him but he chose to take it that way. (((HUGS)))

Tessa
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-15-2010 - 9:56am
Thanks. Part of this whole thing is that the relationship between my dad and his wife is not great. They dont talk like a happy loving couple does. One of them will leave the house and the other has no idea that they left! They dont hug or kiss. They are in counsiling and have been for years. Dad just refuses to get divorced again, so he stays, and she doesnt want to give up having a butt load of money to spend. So I dont expect them to stay together very long. So that on top of how horrible she is and has been to me, is what lead me to my decision. I told them he is to call her by her name, just like anyone else. So whatever.
I keep rambling! Ahh!
Thanks again for listening. It feels good to get this out

Visit

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-15-2010 - 9:58pm
Glad to listen! Hopefully you can limit exposureto her......

Tessa