Is it ok to show nursing on TV?

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 12:38pm

I think the photo is adorable and reminds me of my own experience; it bothers me that it's even controversial but sadly our society has made it that way :(

Your thoughts, comments?

~Pat

Meagan Francis ON May 23, 2010 at 10:47AM

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 12:19am
I am all for it. And there is a huge difference in feeding your child and being an exhibitionist. Shame on the View for being so ridiculous. They aren't even being prude because breast feeding is NOT sexual and by making women ashamed of it people imply that it is. Breasts are for FEEDING babies first, sexual pleasure second. It's sad how many people get that backwards.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 12:33pm
I think it's awesome! Go Julie Bowen :) Nurse those babies! It's beyond ridiculous that America can't just get over it. Nursing is the best thing for our babies and it shouldn't be confused with anything sexual. I think it's really sad that a group of all women on the View couldn't see this for what it is...an awesome mom nursing her twins. I agree, this really could have maybe encouraged some mom's of twins to give breastfeeding a try. It's sad how silly and overly prudish some people can be.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

veteran wife Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 2:19pm
It bothers me how ridiculous people have gotten about it. I nurse in public without a second thought. I have a nursing cover that I use if I am outside of my car, but it doesn't matter. I get plenty of dirty looks and I have had people complain and try and get me kicked out of places for it. It is discriminitory. I mean technically I could take the instance on bottles, claiming that it is offensive for me, which I don't it's just to make the point. I think Julie deserves a big old high five because nursing is not easy. I think people just need to get over it and many women need to stop equating women's lib with bottle feeding.

PCOS, Insulin Resistance, MTHFR, APS (Hughes Syndrome) and a Mullerian Anomaly  (bicornuate uteru

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 4:21pm

Thank you

Photobucket