Let's talk about SEX, baby!

iVillage Member
Let's talk about SEX, baby!
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 1:00pm

Is there anyone here (that has the availability) who hasn't returned to some level of sex life?

Tessa

Mom to 6 kids and 3 angels!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 3:02pm

LOL Tessa! We're pretty much back to normal and have been since 3 weeks PP. The only thing is I did have a decline in libido for a few weeks, started taking my prenatal vitamins again (for the iron + I had a ton left over) and it returned. I bled pretty heavily off and on at the beginning so I guess I just needed some iron, or a vitamin... or something!

I did go for 2 and a half years after Brynn though without *any* sex-- I mean nothing. I felt like I was going insane! Hang in there! (((hugs)))

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 3:15pm

First off (((HUGS))) to you, I know it cant be easy but it is all for the best :)

We didnt do anything until for a few months as I didnt feel sexy enough and couldnt understand how even my DH could want to touch what my body had turned into. With Will here now things are no where close to the way they were before I got pregnant, he doesnt want it as much as he did. He is always worried about Will waking up or causing

href="http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/Reikai776/Blinkies/?action=view&current=wwjunegoal.gif" target=_blank>Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 4:21pm

Oh I am fine..... jealous a little.... but fine. :)

Tessa

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 10:38pm

Count me IN. But we are also ttc, so we are in it more than usual.

Tessa, how on earth do you feed a baby while dtd???? lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 11:07pm

Well..... there obviously aren't any acrobatics going on at the time!

Tessa

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 8:52am

You ladies are going to think we're crazy, but Rhett is still in our room (and not going anywhere any time soon since we're moving) and we DTD with him right next to us in the co-sleeper all the time! He usually sleeps through it or if it's in the morning, he might start to wake up, but he plays until we are done. LOL

Also, DD sleeps in our room on the floor when we go to stay with the IL's for the weekend every now and again.... she's 4.5 and as long as she's sleeping, we're game! They don't know what's going on.... I'm glad DF doesn't care about that either because if he did, we'd never get a chance to have sex!

We are able to 5-7 days a week. That's the norm for us. Of course, it differs if we are arguing with each other or something. 0:-)

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 11:57am

Sex without kids in the room, what's that? LOL. I have definitely nursed before, like Tessa said, in the side lying position to be able to finish :) No biggie, Norah just sleeps right through it. Since we're co-sleeping, sometimes she's in the room too while we DTD, and we are just quiet so we don't wake her.

Otherwise, we don't get to DTD too often. Things are just too hectic and I am rarely in the mood to DH's disappointment. We are trying to get it going again though. We miss being with each other on a regular basis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 8:26pm

As long as the kids can't see what you are doing and you aren't disturbing them, then it should all be ok, right?

When Chad and I first got together and every other weekend when we had NO kids with us (our kids were all at their other parent's), it was not unusual for us to DTD 3 or 4 times (or more!) a day.

Tessa

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 12:04am
I am struggling with my libido still. This is the fist time I have been on BC and I just have no drive, but if I stop taking them BOOM it is back! We have tried different brands of pills and right now I am trying the nuvaring but they all make me feel slightly depressed and no interest in sex. DH refuses to wear condoms and I would hate to go back to him 'pulling-out'. But what good is the BC when I don't ever get frisky?

Photobucket

~Shandi

DD 2/8/10

DS 9/12/11

Surprise due 12/25/13

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 12:26am
I guess then technically the BC is working, right? LOL

Tessa

Pages