More maternal deaths

iVillage Member
More maternal deaths
Fri, 03-05-2010 - 10:00pm

Just saw this. I'm just wondering why this is being brought up in the media now? I've read books like Gentle Birthing that has been saying it for years.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/moms-risk-10014105

Thoughts?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 4:16am
It's appalling but really I am not shocked. A woman is only SUPPOSED to give birth one way and when you elect to get a procedure done without fully researching it you run the chance of paying the price for it. I don't know of any mom who didn't research the heck out of all options of delivery before making a decision but you know there are bound to be those people out there. I have a friend whose SIL says when she has a baby she is going to have a c-section because she doesn't want her vagina ruined. Is labor fun? No. But why people elect to have MAJOR surgery done for vanity's sake is beyond me. Health concerns I can understand. JMHO.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 1:26pm

The 'ruin your vagina' thing is bunk, in my experience. I know as many women who said things were tighter afterwards due to some 'over healing' as those who were either unchanged or a bit looser.

Heck, even Michelle Duggar told the ladies on the View that she still has to push pretty hard in labor, lol, and if anyone's going to be 'ruined', it would be her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-07-2010 - 4:29am
Boy ain't that the truth. Before I was tight but not overly so and Rob said he wouldn't mind tighter. He definitely got his wish as now he can barely get a finger in before I'm clenching my teeth from the stretching. Sorry for the TIM, but that's pretty sad isn't it?

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 12:14pm
My BFF is one of those silly people who worry about child birth and she wants to have an elective c-section, which I told her she was crazy for. I'm not sure she's worried about the va-jay-jay issues, she just thinks child-birth is gross (insane I know). Anyway, obviously she has no children yet, so I think I'll send this video to her. Hopefully, she'll join the land of normal, and get over it. It's not like L&D lasts forever, it's only a few hours...sheesh.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

veteran wife Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 2:30pm

I have a friend who has two LO's and she is one of those people that apparentally didn't do much research when she was expecting. I don't know how many things I explained to her during my pregnancy and labor plans that she didn't know about or didn't understand. Her youngest one is only just a little over a year old!

She ended up with a C-section with her first one which I presonally think is due to her letting her OB push her into an induction way to early just because she had been at 3cm for a while. Her daughter apparentally wasn't ready to come thus they had to do a c-section. Since she had a C-section with #1 she didn't have a choice with #2.

Cassie 

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 12:31pm
If you think childbirth is nasty why get pregnant? Its a natural thing in life..I think its more nasty to have a C with all your stuff hanging outta your belly lol..I had 2nd degree tearing and i'm still as tight as I was unfortunatly lol..was hoping to get a little extra room so it won't hurt so bad when i do have sex haha
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 10:51pm
TOTALLY! Rob watched Jensen come out no problem, but he gets nauseous if he sees skin being cut open. And I agree, childbirth is natural, c-sections are not. Did you know they only used to do c-sections to cut babies from dead moms? That's what creeps me out the most about having a procedure like that done. It's definitely better to get the baby out when nothing else works but to choose to is a little crazy to me.