Mosque at Ground Zero?

iVillage Member
Mosque at Ground Zero?
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 8:48am

Here are a couple of articles about the proposed building of a mosque at Ground Zero.

Tessa

Mom to 6 kids and 3 angels!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 1:10pm
I do believe that legally they have the right the build the mosque where ever they want to, just as others have the right to build whatever they want where ever they want, according to the law. If they bought the land prior to 9/11 then I do not think there is any hidden agendas to "bask in the glory" of what has happened but if they purchased the land after 9/11 then i do believe their reasons can then be questioned. Not all muslims are terrorists and yes they have the right and the privilage and American citizens to practice their religion whereever they want to and they should not be condoned upon because they do so. If it was an American terrorist group that was linked to christianity
href="http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/Reikai776/Blinkies/?action=view&current=wwjunegoal.gif" target=_blank>Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 1:03am
I totally respect their right to build and assemble where they want, but part of me can't help but think that it is a little bit in poor taste to build that closely.

Tessa

Mom to 6 kids and 3 angels!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 3:11pm
Oh most definitely it is in bad taste that they are doing this because of the circumstances, I do not believe they are doing this in the manner of saying screw America. I
href="http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/Reikai776/Blinkies/?action=view&current=wwjunegoal.gif" target=_blank>Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 4:19pm

I guess I am the dissenting opinion here. I believe it is incredibly insensitive to build a mosque near Ground Zero after what occurred. I realize this is America and people have the right to worship anywhere they want but doesn't always mean it's the right thing to do. If a Baptist group flew those planes into the WTC and killed over 3,000 people and then other practicing Baptists wanted to put their church right next Ground Zero, I would be against it too. I have no problems with Muslims and I am glad they are free to practice their faith in this country along with the many other different religions. That's what makes our country so great. I also realize that the animals who flew those planes were not your typical Muslim but I feel that those who lost love ones there are still mourning their losses and to put a church up next to the area where their loved one died seems like a slap in the face. I know that the majority of the practicing Muslims in that church are good people but I also believe that the sickos out there who are the extremists will believe that they have won and will count it as a victory, empowering them even more. I, again, would feel the same way if it was a group of extremist Christians who had done this.

Karen

Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 6:05pm
Ditto what you said Karen!
Photobucket

baby

Photobucket

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 2:05pm
Karen I totally agree with you ! My family lost loved ones in the attacks on 9/11 and we are against the building of a Mosque at Ground Zero. That ground is hallowed ground and should be treated as such. It should be centered around a memorial to those who lost their lives. Personally I think that the push to build a Mosque there is a little shady to me and there are news reports of the center's

PCOS, Insulin Resistance, MTHFR, APS (Hughes Syndrome) and a Mullerian Anomaly  (bicornuate uteru