Photobucket

Photobucket

SnapdragonSnapdragon Mommies

October LTP

Tessa

Mom to 6 kids and 3 angels!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 4:49am
That is so completely tragic on more then one level. I would love to sit here and say she could have gotten help, and I do think she should have, but I doubt there was much help to be given. This country does not help our citizens with special needs the way they needed to be helped and so many kids with special needs are given up for adoption and never claimed, never have a family, they are just left in hospitals. It's so sad. I don't think she should have killed him but I can definitely see how she would be so desperate.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 2:53pm
I think she looked at it as a mercy killing.

Tessa

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 8:28pm
Whats most upsetting to me is that she never sought help. I have worked with children with Autism for the past 6 and a half years. I go into their homes and not only work with the children, but help their parents learn to work with their children. It can be expensive to get help and rarely does insurance cover certain services... but this article states that she had the funds, but never used them. I can understand wanting to do things yourself, but once she reached her breaking point, she could have sought help. There are homes and schools across the country for children who need help. I just wish this woman would have researched and found one of these places for her son.
Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 8:45pm
Waiting until your breaking point would even be too late in my book.

Tessa

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 9:07pm

Very, very, sad. Seems like she knew what options were out there, but sounds like she didnt want him to live a life of pain and suffering and with all that there was nothing would take that away from him... I dont condone taking matters into your own hands or harming your child regardless of the situation but obviously she was not in a rational state of mind when making that decision. She loved him enough to make her entire life revolve around him to the point where it was hopeless and she lost it. I think this woman should be treated in a psychiatric form of punishment. Just my opinion and thoughts...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket