Santa Claus?

iVillage Member
Santa Claus?
Wed, 10-27-2010 - 11:12am

I think this may have been discussed when we were an EC, but I always think it's an interesting topic - especially as we approach the holidays. I saw an interesting blog post on this and was wondering what others think: http://www.straightdopedad.com/death-to-santa-claus-dont-lie-kids-can-handle-the-truth/.

I tend to agree with the blog since I was older when I found out santa wasn't real (why would my parents lead me to believe something that wasn't true?) But my husband really wants to do the santa thing with our daughter because he thinks it's pretty much the only magical thing a kid gets to experience in life and we should let her enjoy it. Which I can understand as well.

Lee, Mommy to DD Noelle born January 2010. BFP in February 2011, lost pregnancy at 10 weeks in April 2011. BFP in August 2011, hopeful and happy to be expecting our baby due May 9, 2012.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 10:35am

No question about it He's gonna believe in santa for as long as possible just like my 4yr old and My 17yr old did at one point. I was curious cause I can't remember exactly how it was that our oldest found out that there was no Santa so, I asked her how she felt when she found out and she said she can't remember. I think she still believes in Santa ;) lol. I understand where you are coming from, however, I take your husbands side on this issue for the same reasons he said.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2010 - 6:39pm

My 8 yr olds still believe in Santa and we are gonna do the same with the boys. I think its fun playing Santa.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-02-2010 - 9:20pm

*crying* You mean Santa isn't real??? Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-21-2010 - 11:05pm

Yes, there is a Santa Claus.

I loved the tradition when I was a kid. When I did find out, I actually did not let my father know I knew, not because of the presents (we didn't have a lot of money so I actually hated the idea of them getting me that much stuff, especially since i did not grown up with my father and often he (and Santa at his house) got me things I didn't really care about) but because I saw how much joy it brought my father to go through the whole routine! Christmas and the magic of tons of presents under the tree that morning were a big deal to him and to his family when he was a little kid. I didn't let my mom know for similar reason though she (and Santa) did not go nearly so overboard at

Siggie