Should McD's be sued over toys?

iVillage Member
Should McD's be sued over toys?
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 9:06am
Should McDonald's Be Sued Over Happy Meal Toys?

http://www.ivillage.com/should-mcdonalds-be-sued-over-happy-meal-toys/6-a-213397

Well, now there's sad news for the Happy Meal: The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a Washington-based consumer advocacy group, is threatening to sue McDonald's if they continue using toys to promote its Happy Meals

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 10:54am

I think this is rediculous. As someone said it is the parents responsibility to make sure that their kids are eating what is right for them. I love how no one wants to take responsibility we just want to blame someone else and pass the buck.

If we are going to start suing for things like this I would like to sue whoever decided that you needed to have two incomes and work 50+ hours a week to make things work and to be able to support your family. I was just telling DH the other day with both of us working and trying to balance home life its no wonder everyone is gaining weight cause we don't have the time to cook a real meal after working 12 hour days. If we didn't want all these things and have to have all this money to survive maybe we would have time to take better care of ourselves instead of always running through the drive through or using take and bake meals so we actually get to spend time with our families.

But thats just my opinion. We have made things so complex and complicated you don't have time to do the really important things in life. But heck lets sue McD's for giving our kids a toy. SERIOUSLY?!? We are the ones who made them the giants they are cause of the life styles we have created.