Vent about pretty much everything LONG

iVillage Member
Vent about pretty much everything LONG
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 2:04am

I don't usually vent like this on public forums, but I feel like I have nowhere to turn right now. :(

First off, we are going through a bankruptcy and just went to court today. The meeting itself wasn't horribly stressful, but the fate of our vehicles and house is completely up in the air still and I have really just had enough of it. I am so tired of living in limbo, not knowing where we will be in the next 6 months or so.

Second, my daughter just started 1st grade this week. The school was just finished (a charter montessori) so they had to start late. As I completely expected, she is not having an easy time with this. She is very, very shy and has a lot of social anxiety, particularly pertaining to interacting with adults. So, there have been a lot of tears this week and she even threw up on the first day because she was so anxious. :( One thing we thought would help is if we got her into the same class with a friend of hers, which we did today. Well, the verdict is still out on this because although she stated that being in the same class as this friend would help her, she is now just complaining about the long hours she has to be there. I understand that going full days is something new to her and it will take adjustment, but it still feels like I just can't win, and I wish so badly that this would have been an easy fix for her, in light of all the other crap going on around us. The bottom line is her happiness is more important to me than the other stuff, but the other stuff isn't going away...I wish! :p

On top of all that, Ian is teething and has been for the last month. I miss my sweet baby so much--he is such a bear lately...I'm sure it's not all teething and most like grow spurting and sleep regression related as well, but ACK. His grumpiness just adds insult to injury, you know?

The only really good thing going on right now is that my oldest son started pre-school last week and he LOVES it. He is so much different than Emma in that regard, and I am so grateful that it's been so easy for him to enjoy it.

Finally, if you made it this far, a random nit-picky vent. Why in the world do people who know both DH and I think that it's ok to invite him to do things they know I can't easily do? For instance, his sister wrote on his FB wall that they should go to a local brewery because she owes him a lot of beers. Really? Ugh. It freaking irritates me because although I would love join them, I do have 3 children to attend to and I can't just go and binge drink when I'm breastfeeding. Unless they just don't want me to go--which in that case just hurts my feelings. I know my DH isn't necessarily one to just go party--but I sometimes get the feeling that he would like to be able to. I just don't get that. Why do I feel like that, even if I wasn't nursing Ian, it would be completely irresponsible to go and get drunk? Or maybe I should be asking why people think he would want to? Don't they think he has to be responsible for his children as well? It really burns me that people think I am the sole care provider for my children.

Sorry this got kind of long, thanks for reading.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 5:55pm

(((hugs)))

My mom went through bankruptcy after the divorce. I saw the stress it put on her. It is hard. Hang in there. No advice, but I wanted to offer some support. A grumpy baby does make every little thing that much harder. You are not alone in that one! Things will slowly calm down again. Just breathe.

Vent anytime, we are listening. Sometimes it makes you feel better to get it out, even on the forum. (((hugs)))

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 10:52pm
(((Hugs))) I am sorry life is so stressful right now. My brother-in-law just went through his second bankruptcy and I have seen the stress it put on him. I also saw how relieved he was after it was over. I am praying that you find relief and a fresh start after all this is over.

~Shandi

DD 2/8/10

DS 9/12/11

Surprise due 12/25/13

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-27-2010 - 10:25pm

I started to care for a lil boy 3 yrs old in my home any where from

Photobucket