wanting more

iVillage Member
wanting more
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 11:36am
Just wanted to vent about how I get questions about having more children. I am surprised when I say that my DH and I are planning on having at least 2 more. They must think that since I had my girls 15 1/2 years (to the day!!!) apart that we are done having more. Then they always ask "oh are you going to try for a boy?" well it drives me nuts. No we have no plans on "trying" for a boy, I actually tease my DH about having all girls and if this happens he will so get a "man room" to escape to when they are all teenagers...lol...My DH is wonderful about it, would he like a boy, sure but he would be so happy with all girls too. I actually remember looking at his reaction when the u/s tech said girl to see if he was disappointed at all and he glowed absolutely glowed hearing that he was having a girl (even though he so knows what he is in for when she hits her teenage years with my ODD).
I guess it bothers me that because I had my girls so far apart that many are flabergasted that I wanted to "start over again". Goodness I had my ODD at 17 and of course I wanted more but only after I was in a place that I could take care of the one I had....sorry it took 15 + years to get there. Uggghhh It really surprises me that some people just feel the urge to question my choice to expand our family.
Okay sorry for my rambling rant but just needed to vent that!
siggy

Thank you cl-annelee55 for my wonderful siggy

Photobucket

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket
siggy spring Thank you beccamarie82 for the awes
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 11:44am
I hear ya, My oldest son and 4 year old are 18 years apart, and my WW and oldest are 22 years apart. You should hear the comments I get. Oh yeah my grandson is a year old as well. (11 months older than my WW) Do not let them get to you, they do not live your life. I feel so very blessed to have my boys, and I do not care who likes it or doesnt. My Aunt had major issues with it, she would make ugly comments to me all of the time when I was pregnant. She made comments to others as well about how I have a grandson etc. Its not her life, and I told her so and told her if she could not be supportive, then I did not want to see her. Good luck, I know what you are going through, and all I can say is be thankful feel blessed and dont let the loose lips of others deter you.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 6:17pm
People are so ridiculous when things don't fit into their picture of the "American Dream". It's your body, your life. You're supporting your family, not them, so they need to stop asking such personal questions, and if they do have the common courtesy not to say anything rude to your responses. You're not "starting over" like you're replacing your oldest daughter or something. You're simply changing the family tree.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket