WDYT? Freedom of speech or religion?

iVillage Member
WDYT? Freedom of speech or religion?
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 9:27am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100331/ts_csm/291560

Personally this story disgusts me and I think it's absolutely deplorable that they did this at his son's FUNERAL. I think he absolutely should be given the 5 million back and their organization shut down. I am normally all for freedom of speech but they sit here saying they have a right to do that at someone's funeral because of THEIR religion, but this guy doesn't have the right to violate their freedom of speech with HIS religion. BS. You hate the government then fine, but don't post up signs that you are happy that someone just lost their son and say "thank God for dead soldiers". OOOO I am so angry after reading that!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 7:29pm

Amy, I absolutly dispise this group of people. They are from my home state and the things they do are terrible. We actually had 4 teenagers that were killed in a car accident 2 years ago and these people came to my small home town to picket their funerals to celebrate their deaths as a statement from God. I have also seen them on the streets in Topeka with their young children holding up signs.

I am for freedom of speech, but to me a funeral is a private affiar and not something that people who don't even know the family to should be at let alone doing what they do.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Cassie 

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 10:43pm
I completely agree that this is completely out of the spectrum of free speech. Those freedoms only apply when they do not impede on the freedoms of others and that impedes on the father. Being the wife of a marine who was injured while deployed, getting the phone call in the middle of the night that he was injured and then fearing the worst until I knew exactly what had happened I can really feel for this father. My husband is currently in the process of re-enlisting and the fact that this group is doing this makes me sick and just having to think that if something were to happen to him and this group could show up and do that makes me ill. I don't wish harm on people but I think for this group of people I could make an exception. Fact of the matter is if they hate this country so much then they should leave. No one has the right to do what these people are doing. It is disgusting and it angers me to the core.

PCOS, Insulin Resistance, MTHFR, APS (Hughes Syndrome) and a Mullerian Anomaly  (bicornuate uteru

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 3:51am
I agree. This falls into the category of don't involve peoples kids in your issues, and don't use a FUNERAL as your stand to get attention. Those people should have THEIR kids taken away from them for submitting them to that, especially should they go to the wrong persons funeral and someone doesn't just ignore them, they take action. Sometimes, like in these cases, I wish the government WOULD step in a little more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket