Why are families stupid about BFing??

iVillage Member
Why are families stupid about BFing??
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 11:33pm

I'm sorry, but this just peeves me so much. Why would anyone be against me doing the best thing for my baby?!? My in-laws are ridiculous about Bfing for anything longer than like a couple of months. My MIL constantly says how she can't believe people would go for longer because, Oh my Gosh!, the baby gets teeth. Um, they don't bite you, dummy!!! I have BFed both the boys too and it never happened, you think she would realize that by the 3rd time. And even if it did, I wouldn't stop, so there!! My grandmother-in-law is the same way. She keeps trying to get me to feed Norah solid food right now and telling me I should stop BFing soon so that I can be "free." Free from what, giving the best to my child and loving every minute of it? She also completely believes that things that were done in the 1950s are still great, no matter what modern medicine says, ok, right. They didn't BF their kids, so I shouldn't.

Anyway, sorry to go off, but they drive me bananas!! I can't scream at them, so I just had to rant :) Thanks for listening!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

veteran wife Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 2:25am
Rant away! I got the same thing from people, and then when I stopped being able to breastfeed I was told I was an awful parent for giving my child formula. Oh gee, if I had know YOU wanted me to breast feed I wouldn't have purposefully put gall stones in my gall bladder and made my supply dry up. You should have told me sooner! Ugh. They are never happy unless they are telling you what to do and how to do it. That's why in my little about me on iVillage it says my favorite quote is: just ignore them. Words to live by!

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket