HES HOME!

iVillage Member
HES HOME!
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 4:18am

DH is home and we could not be happier! Im so glad that we got our photos taken, they turned out so good! I have not seen them all yet, just about 10 that she posted on Facebook, but Im super excited! We got to watch the plane land, then had to wait about 45 minutes for them to go through customs behind a glass wall, so we could see them, but could not touch them (UGH!) Morgan and I made some caramel apples to give the returning troops and their families :) Like a good husband, he came bearing gifts (a super nice coat for me!) and little toys for the kids. When we got home it was bed time for the girls, so we put them to bed and we made a romantic fondue (our fave) dinner together, ate it on the floor by candle light and went to bed ;) It was a lovely evening and Im so happy to have our family back together again! BOTH kids took well to him and things at home have been running very smooth! The only different thing is that DH walks around the house "inspecting" things. He is opening the fridge just to see whats in there, closets, cabinets and he even took a gander at the kids' toy boxes to see whats new, lol!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: daswan55
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 4:42am

I forgot to post the pictures of our apples.... they were rolled in toffee or a mixture of nuts. I think we left 2 just good 'ol caramel dipped. Morgan and I had a lot of fun making these too! each one we made she said "this is is going to be for my friend XYZ" and she picked the one she wanted to give her daddy (we left that one at home).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 2:49pm

All I can say is "Wow"!

Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 2:49pm

BTW, those apples are amazing!

Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-17-2010 - 7:45pm

Lacey, how amazing!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 11:51am

Lacey, your post has me in tears.

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 8:19am

I havent been on in a while and I made it a point to get on before I went on a business trip tomorrow to see how things were going since your hubby got home. I will have to admit as soon as I saw your pictures and read your post I found tears streaming down my face because of many reasons. 1 being that he is HOME and I am so glad that you have him back and that he has you guys back. the second reason that I found tears running down my face is because of what your family has given up so that I can sit and type this. Every time I see a soldier coming HOME to his/ her family it does nothing but make me so dang thankful for every single thing they do for me. THANK YOU TO THE BOTH OF YOU FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN UP!

I am so glad that you ended up having the pictures taken, they are absolutely amazing and beautiful in every way possible. And the apples, YUMM!!

href="http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/Reikai776/Blinkies/?action=view&current=wwjunegoal.gif" target=_blank>Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 8:14pm

Sooooo happy for you guys!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-23-2010 - 4:42am
Thank you all so much! Life with the family back together has been amazing! DH has gotten up with the kids so I could sleep in, go shopping ALONE, he is here doing everything that he/we did before he left and our life is back to NORMAL! Both kids have taken to him like he never left, and for that we are both so happy! He and I have had an "in home date night" just about every night after the kids go to bed...we watch movies, have played a bunch of board games (mostly because I keep kicking his butt at Checkers and he doesnt like being beat by a girl, but he calims victory in Connect 4 ;) We have been passing kids back and forth to eachother while we cook dinner togther and the "after hours" are AMAZING! He does start back to work Monday but after two weeks, he will be taking 4 weeks of leave to be with the family. We are also taking the kids to the fair later today after the baby wakes from her nap so I better get the breakfast dishes cleaned up so we will all be ready.
Photobucket