How'd you meet your SO?

iVillage Member
How'd you meet your SO?
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 8:07am

I thought it would be cool to see how everyone's families got started!

I actually met Rob through his ex, my friend Amy! She asked me to get to know him and find something wrong with him because she wanted to dump him but needed a good reason. I was dating someone else at the time so I got to know Rob on a friendship basis. I told her he was a good guy and she was lucky to have a man secure in his faith, and who wasn't into drugs or drinking. My own boyfriend was struggling to quit smoking. Two days later he dumped HER for being a waffle basically. She ended up blaming me for it, but I was very focused on my boyfriend at the time and not interested. But it didn't work out and me and Rob kept in contact but both dated other people afterwards. Finally we started talking about dating and things just changed. If I hadn't known him already I would have sworn it was love at first sight, and after 5 weeks of dating he proposed and I said yes on January 14th, 2009. He was building a house with his parents in Louisiana and flying out to see me, and during a spontaneous trip in April we ended up pregnant so he moved here permanently. We had set a wedding date for December 7th, but I didn't want to get married at 9 months pregnant and if we got married I would have lost my primary health insurance (it was through my moms work, she did me a favor by claiming me as a dependent because my job's healthcare didn't cover enough for me) so now we're going to get married soon but have our ceremony on December 7th and celebrate that as our anniversary.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 8:25am
DH and I met b/c we worked together out of college.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 8:53am

This thread is always fun.

Dh and I used to work together. He was a Supervisor at

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 9:30am
Aww that is SO sweet that he asked your mom!! And it's funny how you had kind of an opposite situation from mine lol! People always ask how me and Rob met (since he has an obvious southern tint to his voice) and they always get a kick out of us having met through his ex gf lol. I still talk to her but Rob doesn't because I did tell him she had been planning on dumping him (after he left her) so he sees no reason to talk to someone who was wasting his time and having other people try to help her dump him.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 11:10am

I got him off Craigslist ;)

I was bored one day and I used to surf through Craigslist when I was bored. Saw a post from someone who was also bored and just wanted to chat. So I emailed him and we chatted for a bit first online and then on the phone (I was going to be getting a new phone number soon so I figured if he was a psycho he wouldn't have my number for long). We ended up meeting the next day at a mall (I'm never that reckless/impulsive), and we have been together ever since :)

siggy 09-23-09

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 12:45pm
I love your story!
Photo Albums at WiddlyTinks.com
P
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 2:20pm
Dh and I met at the fair when I was 16 years old, we were both showing livestock at the fair. That was 18 years ago and we have been together ever since that day.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 2:34pm

I met my husband when I was 15 at a bowling alley.

Free SmileysFree Icons

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 5:38pm

What a fun thread!

Chris and I met on a blind date my freshman year of college (he was a sophomore.) One of my girlfriends was dating his roommate and they were in a fraternity. My girlfriend was asked to go to a "date-party" and she said yes on one condition, that her boyfriend found a date for me to go with so she felt more comfortable in the situation. Mind you, she did this without asking me if I was okay with going! Chris and I met the night of the date party and we knew it was it for both of us. I graduated a year early and the year after that we were married. We have been together for 13 years and are each others best friends!

Adena

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Adena Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 6:15pm
I met David my DF through my brother. I had just moved back to WA State after a devastating divorce. My brother had a BBQ and he was there. Everyone kept pushing us out on the balcony together so we could talk. We started slowly dating. It was slow on my part because of my divorce and because he was 5 years younger than me and I didn't know if I was ready for all that and what comes with it. We have been together now for almost 7 years and we have our two girls Kamryn and Harper. We are engaged but haven't set a date yet. We both know were going to get married, were just not in a rush. I think it's more on my part due to my previous marriage. I know that I'm finally healed from all that but it still scares me a little to get married again. I feel I have truly found my sole mate with David. He makes me laugh and smile everyday and he's a great daddy to our girls. At times I get frustrated with the age difference but everything else makes up for it.
Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 7:42pm
LOL! What a fun story to tell people! I love the "I got him off craigslist"!