What foods are your WW's eating?

iVillage Member
What foods are your WW's eating?
Mon, 11-15-2010 - 12:35pm

What about formula... when are you switching to milk?

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-15-2010 - 3:18pm
I put JD on whole milk 20 days ago. It really did not go well he was not digesting it properly or what may have you. He basically stopped sleeping through the night and wakes about 2 times a night now screaming his lil head off cause he's gassy. I nurse him and then goes back to sleep only wake a few hours later. His poop became very pale and watery and at times had little pebbles of milk in his poop. Doctor said to give him 2% milk which he's been taking for the past 4 days. His poop is looking more like it should now but, he's still waking up in the middle of the night with tummy aches. So, if he continues I'm most likely putting him on soy and or on formula for older babies.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 10:05am

Sammie is still breastfed, no formula, but she does get occasional sips of milk/chocolate milk thanks to her brother!

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 8:36pm

We tried Phoenix out on milk right around 12 months, but I think I introduced it too fast and he got horribly constipated.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2010 - 7:22am

As far as formula goes, we still use it. I will wait until Ethan has his 12mo appt and gets the go ahead from his doc. We waited till after 12 mo with Dylan too. Other food, he will only eat off of our forks, and even then its still hit and miss. We have been struggling a bit with food in the last month or so for some reason. Things I think are slowly getting better. I dont know what formula you are using, but on the website coupons.com, you can print out a $3 off coupon for Similac. The only place I have found that you cant use those printable coupons are walmart (at least in our area).

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2010 - 10:13am

my boys are still getting breastmilk and formula. They will eat anything I'll give them, They aren't picky at all. Im going to wait unitl their 12 month check up as well.Im in no hurry to start them on milk, because they are our last babies and I dont want to rush anything!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-18-2010 - 10:50pm

Evey is still on formula and will be until we get the go ahead from her dr when she is 1 year hopefully.

She eats mostly regular food now though, oatmeal for breakfast(made with water) apple sauce, grilled cheese, green beans, lima beans, broccoli, those chef boyarde things,

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-19-2010 - 8:32pm

I was coming on to ask this same question.

siggy spring Thank you beccamarie82 for the awes
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-20-2010 - 10:43pm

....Anything we put near his mouth. He is still on breastmilk. I have not introduced cow's milk yet thought his ped gave the go ahead at his 9 month visit. However, I make a lot of his food. He never really did the jarred baby food thing though we use the baby rice cereal and oatmeal since they have the iron fortification. Zucchini is one of his favorite along with banana in any form. I gave him a whole 1/2 peels banana about a month ago as a joke, but then he went to town on it so it is one of his favorite methods of eating them! Also, avocado was his first food and he still likes it. We tried broiled fish the other day ... it went ok.

Siggie
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-21-2010 - 7:38am
Abigail does drink milk. We started her on it at about 10 months. I have started to ween her too. We are down to nursing three times a day and I think over Thanksgiving I'll drop that down to two. I want her to be off bottles right around a year. Otherwise for food she pretty much eats anything. We give her more baby food at home but are starting to transition to table food here. She eats a lot more table food at daycare.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-22-2010 - 9:20am

Harper is drinking milk. It got to a point where she was drinking so much formula so I called her ped and she gave us the go ahead. She's done very good on it, we had one bout of constipation but she's good now. It just had to make it's way through her system. Harper eats pretty much everything we eat. Some things I cut up very small for her and others she likes them a little bit bigger so she can grab, bananas are one. If her sister is eating it then Harper wants it as well :)

Photobucket

Pages